Airtex airbrush? -.-

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Anybody tried this airbrushes? I never seen them.

Airtex SELPHY – “Accelerator” Free Action Airbrush – 0.2mm

Selphy_B.jpg

1412223225957_600x600-1.jpg

Quote from site :
The Accelerator Trigger Action

Forget about the common double action airbrush (press for Air – backward for Paint)!!

The Selphy has an ergonomic “Accelerator” Free Action system in it and can be switched to a Free Double action.

Slp_s.jpg

link with all the info:
https://www.foxystudio.com/product/airtex-selphy-airbrush-0-2mm/

Airtex XP825 Premium – 0.3mm
xp825_s.jpg

D3_9048-S-1024x682.jpg

D3_9022-S-1024x682.jpg

link to the airbrush:
https://www.foxystudio.com/product/airtex-xp825-premium-0-3mm/

quote from site :
Special Head Piece with 4 air holes
The air will flow smoothly thanks to its air chamber where the air passes through 4 holes.
Due to the improved air flow The XP825 Premium works beautifully also at lower pressure for more detail.
By dismounting the Head piece you can back-access the Nozzle with a long brush for a deep clean with less risk and much faster action!

Anyway, more info on those links. I didn't wanna spam bunch of text here.

I know a couple people that have the Selphy. They claim it atomizes very smoothly, but does not do the finest of details. I don't know much about it myself... But, I do have several of the other Airtex brushes. Many are made in Taiwan in the same factory as Sparmax brushes, and some of the Airtex models are also discontinued or rebranded Sparmax models. Quality, fit, and finish are all pretty good, being just a step below those airbrushes from Japan. Some models may be rebranded from another manufacturer(s), but I am unsure of which. I am not familiar with the entire line of brushes they brand.

I have the Sparmax version of the brush with the removable head, as well as an updated model that has a more conventional soldered on head, and the updated (one piece) model works better for me...

Here is an Airtex MJ728 - competent, little brush that does everything I ask of it without fuss.
airtex mj728_1.jpg

Hi, .. I had a few hours with the Selphy a couple of years ago. I wasn't expecting a fine airbrush, but I was surprised how easy it was to use.
I was able to get it to spray a good fine line with one of the settings on the back handle (It's been awhile, so I don't remember which setting) but it really didn't have the control for fine detail work. I think for beginners it would be an easy airbrush to learn and use.
One thing I didn't like was the airhose in the back caused it to be unbalanced in the hand, and the front end of the AB would pull up.
A very awkward unbalanced feel.

Here is the original Sparmax SP20, which is the same build as the Airtex XP825 - with a smaller "B" sized color cup, and outfitted with a .2 nozzle rather than the .3 of the XP825.

DSC_8052.jpg DSC_8053.jpg DSC_7500.jpg

I also have the updated Sparmax SP20X, which replaced the original SP20 in the line. I find the newer build out performs the former in just about every way. At least in a .2 set up. The SP20X is capable of some impressive detail, and offers nice, smooth atomization - at impressively low air pressures.

DSC_7321.jpg

Now, I know you asked about Airtex - but, these brushes are the same quality, have the same features, and come from the same assembly line, so the information should transfer between brands ;).

Here is the original Sparmax SP20, which is the same build as the Airtex XP825 - with a smaller "B" sized color cup, and outfitted with a .2 nozzle rather than the .3 of the XP825.

View attachment 62686 View attachment 62687 View attachment 62688

I also have the updated Sparmax SP20X, which replaced the original SP20 in the line. I find the newer build out performs the former in just about every way. At least in a .2 set up. The SP20X is capable of some impressive detail, and offers nice, smooth atomization - at impressively low air pressures.

View attachment 62689

Now, I know you asked about Airtex - but, these brushes are the same quality, have the same features, and come from the same assembly line, so the information should transfer between brands ;).
I do wonder though, why foxy used made in japan add, if they are made in Taiwan. Seems kinda confusing.

And to be honest I mentioned those Airtex, cause I am still impressed with pencil Rotring one, and first Airtex in this thread kinda remind me on rotring one. :rolleyes:

I do wonder though, why foxy used made in japan add, if they are made in Taiwan. Seems kinda confusing.

And to be honest I mentioned those Airtex, cause I am still impressed with pencil Rotring one, and first Airtex in this thread kinda remind me on rotring one. :rolleyes:

Airtex as a company, is located in Japan. It is also possible that the selphy is made there, but I do not think so...

I just got another one that uses the same sort of hold and lever action as the rOtring, and Conopois ;). This one is more of an entry level piece, but I enjoy it. Brings back lots of memories - I'll be posting more on it in the next few days.

Back