For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Alternative airbrush

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by SilverScreen, Jul 11, 2019.

1. SilverScreen

SilverScreen Gravity Guru

Just didn't know this brand before, but everyone say so. It work fine with a sortiment of different airbrushes, until something happen, that leave them dormant and you forget where the spares are and what piece you been restoring. It is just as much to simplify the workspace and skip a few bad routines I do this. Now I don't do much fine work and most are based on Stencils I either have Laser cut or patterns I cut myself from Vector drawings with my Vinyl plotter. But keeping the eight Efbe up and running thought me they are kind of to fine for me, then two 290 and one 275 will be just what I need.
    jord001 likes this.
  2. SilverScreen

The Grafo in one of my photos, blue handle, has the same needle fixture, most special needle lock. Needle are thicker than present "Grafo", so it can not use modern thinner needles, yet the nozzle support old thicker needles.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/05/61/060561045e914ce53a86a55c3dddcd51.jpg
    jord001 and DaveG like this.
  3. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I never was able to get the pintrest page to load for me, but I can view the Grafo photo. It is very interesting, as it seems to be a model that fits between the old, and the new. I remember seeing advertising photo's of that particular model many years ago. The newer one, now made by Harder & Steenbeck maintains many of the styling ques, while being updated with new internals.

grafo in case1.jpg
    jord001 and doc1 like this.
  4. SilverScreen

Exactly, you can also see that the trigger of the one I display, are different. It do not go down to open for only air but back where first air come then paint. The Grafo was famous for the design and build but the Grafo of today, internals of the new, seem to be the same as in other Harder & Steenbeck airbrushes.
    jord001 likes this.
  5. DaveG

Oh, the Grafo still features the fixed double action trigger. No pressing down, just pulling back - but, you are correct, the needles, nozzles, nozzle caps, springs, etc. are all interchangeable with the bulk of the H&S brushes.
    jord001 likes this.
  6. SilverScreen

jord001 likes this.
  7. SilverScreen

I have put it all together and there are some eight Efbe and several other. I can make a count, but wonder what to do now. Maybe Ebay and then make two lots , one with the two Conopois and the Rotring and see how . The 3 "Mr.Hobby" I ordered will be here soon. Also wonder if I should put them in here, in equipment for sale.
    jord001 likes this.
  8. DaveG

I can only say from my perspective, but generally "lots" are harder to sell than individual pieces - there are a few exceptions, but in general...

Ebay will most likely get the most exposure. You can post them here as well, but I would think the pieces you have would also be well received on the Vintage Air page on Facebook. They do allow sale items to be posted there. I would love to get a look at the Efbe items you will be selling. I am sure I will find them no matter where they get posted :thumbsup:
    jord001 likes this.
  9. SilverScreen

Thank you very much for your nice reply. Sadly it is difficult with images here, so my only option are the one I used; to put in a link to say Pinterest. So I will do that and spend a few hours the following day's to display the Efbe airbrushes here. Must say that I think several must have the needle packing either adjusted or replaced, except that I replaced nozzles and there are some 5 or 6 more new nozzles. Also I will count how many are still carrying the original screw nozzle. But let's see, --thanks for the serious advises.
    DaveG likes this.
  10. SilverScreen

DaveG likes this.
  11. DaveG

12. SilverScreen

I am happy that I got a vintage dentist compressor that can deliver the pressure they ask. The one that make the oval spray pattern work just the volume paint I reckoned, but I still get surprised how fast the cup are empty. Now I need to check how the paint are best diluted as I have an idea that I been doing it wrong. Seem though that no paint seem to thick but just that I have to put in order. Toll did pick up the one I bought from Japan but it did not cost me that much strange though when knowing the mountains of cheap chinese things they just let pass each day.
    doc1 and DaveG like this.
  13. DaveG

There is a larger metal cup available from Iwata that fits the PS290. I am not sure what the item number is, but I received one with an Iwata K-TRN that I switched over for use on the PS290. It is about twice the size of the stock one. There is also a much larger plastic cup that fits...
    doc1 likes this.
  14. SilverScreen

Yes seen that. Two PS290 I use esch spray pattern on each. The 270 are serious to.
    DaveG likes this.
  15. SilverScreen

Use a Vintage one Cyl. dentist compressor, almost silent. It make plenty pressure, but are a bit, only a bit slow in accumulating, has its own tank. though.
  16. DaveG

I used an old silent compressor, like a sil-air, to paint a mural once. - using an Iwata RG-3. It got the job done, but I needed to let it rest every so often to fill the tank, and to cool off.
  17. SilverScreen

[​IMG]

The Third came yesterday, set the two 290 one vith wide spray pattern and the other with round.
  18. SilverScreen

As you see, I am already testing out.
    DaveG likes this.
  19. SilverScreen

Sorry, I haven't yet filmed the old airbrushes, but I am sure whoever take over, will find they are in not so bad a condition. The Efbe was given new nozzles and there are several more new nozzles, But The Grafo and the Hansa 181 will need a new nozzle. there are various needles btw. Anyway There are a foto here that I just taken and uploaded to Pinterest, then I copied it's address and put in in here, hope that work. You see the airbrushes I now replaced with new. I could clean them and check if the needle packing could be made or if they are alright and only need tightening, I could try find new needles and I could replace all gaskets or O'Rings but, after I got the 3 new I could keep one or two and see if I could find someone who want the two Conopois and a Rotring with two new nozzles and needles. Well the only airbrush I know will be a problem restoring, are the Super63 that I recon are now vorn totally out, though both carry the special nozzles I put in. [​IMG]
  20. DaveG

I could tell you right now, I would be interested in talking further about the Hansa 181, and the Efbe on the left, bottom. Also any nozzles or needles that you may have as spares -and cases, paperwork, etc that might exist for them. If you want, you can either private message me here (there is a little envelope at the upper right hand corner of the page to start private conversations) or e-mail me at: DaveGs.ABX@Gmail.com - so we can talk about possibly making a deal.