An embarrassingly dumb question probably

O

Old Wise Goth

At the risk of being ridiculed, I just wanted to ask if there is such an airbrush that has the facility to attach both the gravity feed AND the siphon (not at the same time, of course) ... with the ability to close off one chamber or the other ??? If such an airbrush doesn't exist, why hasn't someone invented it?

At the risk of being ridiculed, I just wanted to ask if there is such an airbrush that has the facility to attach both the gravity feed AND the siphon (not at the same time, of course) ... with the ability to close off one chamber or the other ??? If such an airbrush doesn't exist, why hasn't someone invented it?

Not so dumb a question, it does exist, you may want to check this out, but it has very very light trigger and it's single action I believe.

Testors » Aztek » Airbrushes » World's Finest Airbrush » Deluxe Resin Airbrush Set

Good Question. If you are looking for a Dual Action, Top/Bottom feed brush, there is also the Badger Universal 360 and Thayer & Chandler Omni Matrix.

Badger 360
Omni Airbrushes

Best thing about the Badger version is it's parts are interchangeable with the patriot, anthem, 360, and patriot arrow. You can also get a badger side cup and use it as a side feed. The patriot line has needle/nozzle ranges from .3-.7mm, so yo wild be covered for various projects.

Its NOT a dumb question - :)
according to my one lecturer when the class laughed at me - "only dumb answers and dumb people that dont understand the question" :)

In my understanding the side feed was to increase the field of view of your art work and being able to use both sides to feed makes sense for lefties and righties, I would imagine (but don't know for sure) that the bottom feed from that same setup was a logical next step?

The only dumb question, is the one you do not ask ;)

Ask and you shall receive!!

Why did the chicken cross the road? Who cares, just paint something :)

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

as a matter of fact i knew of the badger and called my atention, but never thought of asking,maybe a lot is happening in my life and i forgot,i even put a little thinking in buying it.am very glad you asked this very CLEVER question.:applouse:

and since you we talking about it, can some tell me how this gun behaves?

MADBRUSH, thanks for your response. Glad to know it wasn't such a dumb question after all :) Of all the websites/online shops I've looked at, I've not seen one... but depending on the type of art, both facilities would be needed. Thanks Madbrush!

thank you Mr Micron. The Badger 360. I'll check it out. Much appreciated!

Detart - thank you for these two possibilities. My education is being significantly enhanced this morning!

Madbrush:

Yes, indeed. But, gosh... I thought I was on to something there... I was about to run out and invent and patent one today, but someone's beat me to it.

Wmlepage ... a side feed as well! Thanks. There really is nothing new in this world anymore .... :) Someone, somewhere, has already invented it.

Flycatchr ... thanks for your comments. From my seemingly silly question (because I haven't seen one), I have been most enlightened. Your lecturer was spot on!

Seamonkey ... mmm, I've always wondered about it.. the chicken, I mean!

Hey Ultraz - thanks for saying my question was Clever! Now you have REALLY made my day :))

I too would be interested to know how this gun behaves. I'm a bit cautious. It reminds me of the analogy of the super duper power tool that, with various attachments, can perform just about any function ... but in reality, the quality of each of the components suffers, because there's just 'too much' on the machine. Who knows about the gun? Maybe someone will post something about their experience with one...

yes, like those pocket knives that do everything, but barely acomplish anything.yes someone will say something about it.

my first AB was an Aztec and it's still going strong.
Mine is dual action though.
Two types, one all plastic housing (mine) makes it very light, possibly too light the later version was all metal to give it some weight in the hand.
side feed operates at low psi settings but the bottom feed needs higher psi to draw it up but does have a high capacity load where paint is concerned.

I now use it for general background spraying/undercoating, after 10 years use it owes me nothing, money well spent. The Badger version is also a good option for this type of AB, only used one for about a week or so (sent to me for cleaning)

Back