And a double action

2Diverse

Stick a fork in him, he's done.
Yesterdays mail. Vintage Paasche VL. Number 3 needle/nozzle. Case interior is very nice. Came with it's instructions. Yes, the hanger is missing. I'll come across one at some point in time. The VL is also from the 1940's I believe. Got it to go with the two single action model H airbrushes from the same era I posted a couple weeks ago. The VL's green handle is similar in color to the one on my AB turbo.

Last edited:
The VL is one of the original workhorses of the AB world. Yeah, I too would guess mid-40's (or so). Nice addition.

I've seemed to be able to find a number of various Paasche's from this time period Dave. I need to add a V as I sold the one I had a year or so ago during a cash crunch period. I'll be keeping an eye out for others in this same era. I'll try to find as many different ones that I can. Might as well add to the time capsule.

I have gotten better at buying nicer brushes to begin with. That's an improvement:).

Do you happen to know when "The Rice Leaders of the World" were produced Dave?

Last edited:
I've seemed to be able to find a number of various Paasche's from this time period Dave. I need to add a V as I sold the one I had a year or so ago during a cash crunch period. I'll be keeping an eye out for others in this same era. I'll try to find as many different ones that I can. Might as well add to the time capsule.

I have gotten better at buying nicer brushes to begin with. That's an improvement:).

Do you happen to know when "The Rice Leaders of the World" cases were produced Dave?

I don't know specific dates, other than I believe that type case was produced from the early to mid 30's through the mid to late 50's. There were several versions with different colored or patterned wrappers...

I don't know specific dates, other than I believe that type case was produced from the early to mid 30's through the mid to late 50's. There were several versions with different colored or patterned wrappers...

Thank you Dave. I need to try to do some research.

It can be really hard trying to nail any sort of dates down, as next to nothing is actually documented. Not just with Paasche, but in general. Hardly anything about model introductions, design revisions, etc... Old catalogs can be a good source, having illustrations and the like. Problem is, many of them had a number associated with them, but no publishing dates ;).

It can be really hard trying to nail any sort of dates down, as next to nothing is actually documented. Not just with Paasche, but in general. Hardly anything about model introductions, design revisions, etc... Old catalogs can be a good source, having illustrations and the like. Problem is, many of them had a number associated with them, but no publishing dates ;).

I've come to realize that Dave. It would have been nice if Paasche, for instance, had dated their instructions. It would not necessarily give a specific year but at least a year range to go by. From one model change to the next.

I planned to contact Paasche, not that it will help. When I tried the "Contact Us" I got a pop up box that I do not understand. Has something to do with my computer so I can create a log in. I'm not computer savvy so I plan to take a pic of it and send it to my brother who is. Yeesh. Just my 2 cents, whoever designed the Paasche website sure did NOT make it easy to navigate.

I've come to realize that Dave. It would have been nice if Paasche, for instance, had dated their instructions. It would not necessarily give a specific year but at least a year range to go by. From one model change to the next.

I planned to contact Paasche, not that it will help. When I tried the "Contact Us" I got a pop up box that I do not understand. Has something to do with my computer so I can create a log in. I'm not computer savvy so I plan to take a pic of it and send it to my brother who is. Yeesh. Just my 2 cents, whoever designed the Paasche website sure did NOT make it easy to navigate.

I tried contacting Paasche several years ago, and they are really not much help. There are no records of serial numbers associated with date ranges, or anything like that. It is difficult to find anything out past what might be from the last 5 or 10 years... Even one of the larger Japanese companies - I was trying to find an approximate date range for a particular model, and the answer I got was "that if it was before windows 95, there was no record". Now, the person I was communicating with went to one of the offices that had a large collection of Airbrush Magazines, where he flipped through and found advertising media surrounding the model I was looking for. He wound up giving me both the earliest and most recent that he found... it was 8 or 9 year span that lasted until the end of the 1980's.

I read that on the forum Dave. Don't remember which airbrush you contacted them about off hand though.

I was going to ask Paasche if they could identify the cases. I doubt that too.

I read that on the forum Dave. Don't remember which airbrush you contacted them about off hand though.

I was going to ask Paasche if they could identify the cases. I doubt that too.

I suppose it can't hurt to ask. But, suspect the cases are even worse - as they are something Paasche purchased not made.

Another good find, it seems the UK didn't have many of those likewise the Thayer and Chandler and they are really popular in the US. Aerographs were more popular here. Good to see another collector keeping the old airbrushes alive and working.

One thing Paasche did right was dating their flyers, bulletins and instructions. Your instructions will be dated. Going by the "camelback" cases and serial numbers the date will be on the first or last page on the bottom left. It will read "VL 644" or so. 644 would be June 1944. That date should give an approximate date for both of them. VLs and Vs came out in 1942. The AB in 1941.

A link to the AB Instructions from 1942 showing your brush and it's camelback case.

Thank you for posting this airbrushmuseum. I wasn't aware Paasche did this. Excellent info from you. Good to know.

Back