Angelus paints

S

Squeezy Jefferson

Still looking to work on suede roller skates. Angelus has paint that it promotes for use specifically on sneakers and suede.

Has anyone ever used Angelus? Any feedback? I just don't want to throw money away. They have amazing color selection.

Hi Squeezy, I haven't used it myself but I've messaged a friend who uses it all the time on leather wallets. If he knows he will let me know. Hopefully I will get a reply some time on Tuesday 21st. I will let you know here as soon as I get a reply whatever the outcome.

Lee

Nice one Jackie I didn't realise Ruth used it, yes maybe she will let us know too. It's like she was meant to join us.. spooky.. [emoji4]

Lee

Hello!! I just read that you needed my opinion. Spooky that I just joined I agree. Hahahahahaaaa

Here I’m talking about regular angelus paint:
Let me tell you, I use Angelus mostly on sneakers, which is I think the trickiest surface because of the constant using. I don’t know if I explain myself. I believe that if this painting endures on sneakers it will resist on any other leather surface because sneakers involve constant stretching, motion and eventually even water and mud.
For the suede I read this little trick online which is to mix a fifty fifty ratio of mod podge with the paint. I’m not an angelus expert as I haven’t been working with it for a very long time, but I hope I can help. Let me show you what I’ve done.
There is a special angelus paint for suedes that I haven’t tried yet, because I paint small details in the suedes and not the whole piece
You have to consider though that my sneakers are painted with brush, with airbrush I believe that there is some sort of thinner that is required to mix into the paint in order to give it the right thinness. So I don’t know exactly the equation ratio of mod podge, paint and thinner.
4f6e92e520c2dd476b5c0f3ff01cb92b.jpg
dba25ecdfbf12c02ecc0a94e9d013d2f.jpg

Thank you so much for responding. That's amazing (above)!!! Looks like I'll be airbrushing AND hand painting on the skates. That is an interesting idea to mix mod podge with the paint for the hand painting part. Angelus has a special thinner and ratio instructions for the suede, also a prep. They recommend filtering their paint. (After a run-in with some old paint, I think a filter is a must. Did you guys ever have this problem? WOW, bad.) I'll be airbrushing/painting all of my old Uggs boots, for practice, (I use them for house slippers, so if I mess them up, it's not a big deal at all). I'm really excited to start practicing. All I have to do now is order the products. But like everything else in life, I usually take my time and do months of research before I actually start so that I don't waste money and can be adequately prepared. Any advice at all is warmly welcomed.

Ok I've had a message from Ash and he said that because he only paints on leather wallets he isn't sure how they would hold up. However they do do a suede dye but he hasn't used those yet. Sorry but not much info. Thankfully Ruth came up with an answer. Thanks a Ruth

Lee

Thank you so much for responding. That's amazing (above)!!! Looks like I'll be airbrushing AND hand painting on the skates. That is an interesting idea to mix mod podge with the paint for the hand painting part. Angelus has a special thinner and ratio instructions for the suede, also a prep. They recommend filtering their paint. (After a run-in with some old paint, I think a filter is a must. Did you guys ever have this problem? WOW, bad.) I'll be airbrushing/painting all of my old Uggs boots, for practice, (I use them for house slippers, so if I mess them up, it's not a big deal at all). I'm really excited to start practicing. All I have to do now is order the products. But like everything else in life, I usually take my time and do months of research before I actually start so that I don't waste money and can be adequately prepared. Any advice at all is warmly welcomed.

I would love to see whatever you make!!

Oh my!!!!!! I’m really embarrassed!!!! I got lost in translation. I confused suede with sole!!!!! What is wrong with me!?!?!?! I hope you see this soon @Squeezy Jefferson
I’m embarrassed to death! I really hope I didn’t ruin your artwork with my confusion!!!!!

Just to make things clear!!
I meant sole not suede.
The mod podge is for the SOLE
Jeez I can’t even show my face

Don't worry Ruth, we all make mistakes and remember that we have folks from all over the world and sometimes things get mixed up in translation. Laugh it off because we will do the same. And don't worry about it.

Lee

Don't worry Ruth, we all make mistakes and remember that we have folks from all over the world and sometimes things get mixed up in translation. Laugh it off because we will do the same. And don't worry about it.

Lee

Hahhaa I would have been mortified if a nice pair of uggs went useless because of my mistake

No problems! Listen, by the time I actually get around to painting these skates, it may be next year, so don't feel bad. My Uggs are OLD, we're talking OLD, even if I messed them up, it would not matter. I've watched the video link, thank you. It is actually dye, not paint, but that's okay too. Just more options for the future. Before I paint on my skates, I have to plan it just right. I hand painted my old skates, but that was before I had an airbrush. Those skates were leather (not suede) and the paint is peeling off, but I think it makes the graffiti look even better. I'm not that picky. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

No problems! Listen, by the time I actually get around to painting these skates, it may be next year, so don't feel bad. My Uggs are OLD, we're talking OLD, even if I messed them up, it would not matter. I've watched the video link, thank you. It is actually dye, not paint, but that's okay too. Just more options for the future. Before I paint on my skates, I have to plan it just right. I hand painted my old skates, but that was before I had an airbrush. Those skates were leather (not suede) and the paint is peeling off, but I think it makes the graffiti look even better. I'm not that picky. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

I would love to see how they look when you’re done

Back