annoying blob

Thomas Barber

Double Actioner
i've noticed today that when i double action my airbrush and shut off the paint with the air still on there is a little out burst of paint that leaves a blob. its not me stopping my movement before the paint has stopped coming out because at first i thought maybe it was but if i flick out faster at the end there will be a little thin tale of paint. ive been taking it apart and cleaning all day but it still does it?! its like the paint is leaking after i shut off for a few seconds? any ideas?
cheers.
(the little blobs are where i am shutting the paint off)

Photo 06-06-2012 03 50 16 AM.jpg

Last edited:
my cheap airbrush dose that to. if it,s a good one doing it it might be damaged or have something stuck in the tip. if it is a cheap one, and has always done it, it may just be the brush.

no, that would be a good one. and if it has only just started doing it, it must be something going on in the tip needle set up. could of damaged a seal or still have a tiny bit of dried paint in the tip. i have had similar problems, pulled my ab down, put it back together half a dozen times before it worked. and never figured out what was wrong.i have only just started using the super lube stuff to, that seems to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
SORTED IT! it was simple. dried black paint stuck in the nozzle was not letting the needle seal the nozzle fast enough. its just damn hard to see down these little nozzles!

i use an old needle to feel inside the tip, anywhere it grips is dirty. just don,t bend ya good ones doin it. glad you sorted it.

i use an old needle to feel inside the tip, anywhere it grips is dirty. just don,t bend ya good ones doin it. glad you sorted it.
Yeah i couldn't believe the amount of little pieces of black rubbery paint that was in the nozzles, its amazing it worked at all!
Cheers man!

Back