Another Newbie from the UK

T

Talla

Hi everybody,

Here's the intro bit ....

I am quite new to airbrushing (been doing it for about 6 months now) and by my own admission I'm not an artist by nature but i'm a damn good tryer! Once I get my teeth into something i'm like a terrier ... I wont let go!

After watching the usual suspects on Youtube (Ed Hubbs, Tony D, Svee, all of which are excellent) I came across Airbrushtutor and have been fascinated by his work (and presentation style) ever since.

I am really big into learning techniques and tricks (Makes up for a lack of artistic talent!) and tend to try everything I see (not always successfully). My work, However, lacks that freehand touch and still looks like a stencil (Which i use quite a lot of).
At the moment I am doing some Tee-shirts for a friend who is, shall we say on the large side and has trouble getting the usual biker type designs in his size so I have offered to do some for him. Currently these are the usual Skulls and Flames (or seaweed/Kelp in my case) type motifs.

Ultimately I would like to do something on my own motorcycles but I'm a long way off that as yet.

Biggest issue I have at the moment is knowing when to stop .... "Less is more" as they say!

Currently I am using:

Iwata Eclipse BCS Suction fed with a 0.5 needle set up (Used for Candies and larger areas but I can get some detail with it)

Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CRplus Gravity fed with a 0.15 needle setup (Try to use this for detail! Excellent for spraying any color but white!)

I also use two cheap chinese airbrushes to make up the numbers (color changes).

At the moment I am still experimenting with Paints but mostly use Createx AutoAir and Wicked. Would love to have a go with Urethanes (HOK, Exotic) in the future but seem to be in short supply in the UK.

Well thats me ...

Cheers

Andy

Welcome home Andy. you have found a great place to hang out and learn.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome! Will post some pictures soon (when I find them in my impossible photo filing system or retake some photos).

Andy

Cheers mate .... I'm going to be a sponge and soak up as much as I can!

Hey Andy, sounds like you want to learn to AB for the same reasons I did, to paint your own bike. You sound determined and that's one of the most important things you need, determination and willingness to put some time and effort in. You'll be painting your bike, and no doubt everyone elses sooner than you think!

Hi Squishy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. At the moment time is an issue as I work away 2 weeks out of every 3 my other big issue is I have been relegated to the Garage by the wife! So current conditions (its freezing and I have no heating out there) see me doing more research than actual Airbrushing. Still should have loads of things to try once the weather warms up :friendly_wink:

Hi Squishy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. At the moment time is an issue as I work away 2 weeks out of every 3 my other big issue is I have been relegated to the Garage by the wife! So current conditions (its freezing and I have no heating out there) see me doing more research than actual Airbrushing. Still should have loads of things to try once the weather warms up :friendly_wink:
wimp!!!!... im in u.k as well and also in garage.... however my garage door dont shut its got a 8 inch gap round it... get your hooded top and hat on and man up!!!! heheheh this is art mate we all gotta suffer for it!

wimp!!!!... im in u.k as well and also in garage.... however my garage door dont shut its got a 8 inch gap round it... get your hooded top and hat on and man up!!!! heheheh this is art mate we all gotta suffer for it!

OK ... so I am a wimp ... I hate the cold up here in the north east. I suppose I will have to go buy myself some fingerless gloves and a hat! Got the long johns and thermal vest already so yeah ... I have no excuse :snowman:

Welcome from Holland, Andy...

Hallo bad65, Dank u voor de welkom. Hoe is alles wat in nederland?

Forgive me I had to see if I could remember what little dutch I learnt when working in the Netherlands ... probably wrong ... i'm so rusty!:wink-new:

Welcome talla, i too am from the north east :)

Hey ... my birthplace!!!

I moved to Monkey hanger land after my 10th birthday .... Im fifty tomorrow ... jeeez 40 years and I still remember it like yesterday. Often get through that way as I still have relations in the area.

Welcome aboard mate, you will get on just fine’n’dandy with these ere folk!! Not to mention that this is the bestest new AB forum out thereJ
Join in, have fun and show us ya stuff mate…..looking at a couple of post you already made, when you get that Bambi sorted you can move back into the warm because it should be as quiet as a wee mouse! Great bit of info by the way about the cinema’s getting rid of the comps.
Look forward to seeing some of your work mate, ask away on anything…..why don’t you have a go at the ‘Paintpals’, check out the thread and send me your address.

Back