Another scratching/erasing option

wickedartstudio

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Amazon.com: SE 7616SB Fiberglass Scratch Brush, Pen Type: Home Improvement

I mentioned these fiberglass scratch brushes in another thread. They are generally used for prep purposes, but I often use them for scratching/erasing techniques as well. It yields a totally different texture than knives or erasers. They're not expensive, but I do recommend buying a couple refills if you decide to try one (the fiberglass is only about an inch and a half long and they wear down pretty quick). Just wanted to share...

Amazon.com: SE 7616SB Fiberglass Scratch Brush, Pen Type: Home Improvement

I mentioned these fiberglass scratch brushes in another thread. They are generally used for prep purposes, but I often use them for scratching/erasing techniques as well. It yields a totally different texture than knives or erasers. They're not expensive, but I do recommend buying a couple refills if you decide to try one (the fiberglass is only about an inch and a half long and they wear down pretty quick). Just wanted to share...

I just checked this out, and I reckon this handy tool and some of the others I saw there, including a "Sanding pen" could make life a lot easier even when working on canvas instead of risking damage with a blade, as you see some of these things you instantly see a use for them, when I did my tiger postcard I used the corners of 40 grade sandpaper to scratch in the the hairs and thought at the time how more comfortable that would have been with just such a tool.

A very handy find indeed Mr Wicked.:encouragement:

I need all the help I can get. keep um comming Thanks wicked. bentoad

I've seen these at the auto parts store also body work section they a common for sanding those real tight spots that when you don't sand the paint chips there

ive started using a Derwent electric eraser i didnt like the idea of using a blade to scratch highlights and detail but sounds like a great alternative

These things are great, I have a couple of them. But I can't stress enough ... DO NOT run your fingers across the end of the pen, the super tiny glass bristles break off VERY easily and love hiding in your skin ... Don't ask how I know

A very old thread revived here.

I got me the 2mm refills that you can put in a 2mm pencil lead holder. I also got them off Amazon. They come in packs of 12. You can get the holder as well but I had a spare Faber Castell holder. Working on Schoellershammer board, it is no problem getting all the way back to clean board.

fibre_glass_eraser.jpg

Nice Andre, I have one of those, up it it's a one time shot, was something to try. I will have to look into the refill option when I use mine up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back