any recommendations?

T

Toni

I am a beginning airbrusher and looking to get a start up kit, I need a versitle one as i redo furniture and and various crafts can anyone recommend a good brand? I do not want to waste my money

I am a beginning airbrusher and looking to get a start up kit, I need a versitle one as i redo furniture and and various crafts can anyone recommend a good brand? I do not want to waste my money
Well forget kits. You redo furniture so you have a shop and compressor?

And im sure someone will come along telling you to post an introduction so we know where your located (we are a global forum) and what your goals are.

Now if i were refinishing furniture (which i have done many times) an airbrush would not be my tool. I would use a mini hvlp gun. Start up most recommended airbrush is going to be an iwata eclipse hp cs or hp bcs. The former gravity fed the latter bottle fed. Two of the most versatile easy to maintain yet profesional suitable airbrushes made.

Well as far as a work horse of an airbrush Iwata Eclipse CS will last a long time and is great for beginners .
But this is where a proper introduction would help us help you easier http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
know what country or state you live in can help us recommend places to buy ,
paints choice is another thing to consider , Being you state you redo furniture I can only assume you may want to work is tinted varnishes or will want a paint that will not cause a reaction when use with varnish.
See we are willing to help but the more we know the better help we can offer.

yep welcome....hope ya stick around and share ya crafts with us.....so far i havent done notta but learn stuff here...lol

Ok I am new to forums. I live in Michigan in the USA I redo furniture some traditional some with specific detail, hence the need of an airbrush. I do have a compressor so I am open to different tools

We
Ok I am new to forums. I live in Michigan in the USA I redo furniture some traditional some with specific detail, hence the need of an airbrush. I do have a compressor so I am open to different tools

Having a space and access to air makes things much easier. I still would go with an hp cs or hp bcs depending on what you want to spray. For instance poly would be rough on an airbrush. But laquer thinned sprays fine. Hvlp to apply lots of finish (most any mini hvlp gun wull do ok for this) airbrush to provide details if im u.derstanding what you want to achieve.

Back