Any suggestion for tape

E

Esqua

I'm trying to seal all vent and cover all cushion inside of my goalie mask before airbrushing it. Only problem is I can't find any tape who stick properly on it. Any suggestion?

have you tryed liquid mask just paint it on and after your done just rub it off for the vents,and for the cushions blue painters tape works for me

I put the yellow and green frog tape and doesn't work. Duke tape work half. Thanks for liquid mask I will try to find some.

Give it a good clean first, that should help. Then go to the introductions page and let us know who you are...where do you live? What you use, etc. Look forward to meeting you proper like!! :) We are a friendly bunch here and like to know who we are talking too...

I generally lay in glad press and seal completely filling all insides of helmets. Then i tape the entire outer edge. Cause clearcoat will melt foam.

I put the yellow and green frog tape and doesn't work. Duke tape work half. Thanks for liquid mask I will try to find some.
you should be able to find it in the watercolor paint section at the local craft store

When I mask up bike helmets, I just use regular masking tape. Just make sure it is clean and dust and grease free.

@Nada, unfortunately 'glad press and seal' isn't available globally, we cant get in it Australia !

@Nada, unfortunately 'glad press and seal' isn't available globally, we cant get in it Australia !
Any clingy plastic would work, i just like to know the foam is completely sealed off from fumes. I recently did a half helmet with no masking... but im not clearing it.

Thank you very much for your kind offer but if previous freight cost from US TO AUSTRALIA are any indication the box would be worth it's weight in gold.
We have light weight book covering 'contact' that I will experiment with shortly.

That tape sucks, wont hold anything. Never did a hockey mask, so the foam doesnt come out? Fill it with paper, and use masking tape around the edges to hold all of it in. You will use ALOT of tape (if you go that way), but its sealed right up.

Fill with paper, get a thick black bin bag, cut a big enough piece out and tape it to the edges of the mask/helmet with a decent masking tape. Can be a bit tricky at first getting a clean, good edge with the tape, but works a treat.

Thanks for everybody, to resolve my issue, I used blue stuff Tac'n stick that work perfectly :)

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 15
Never heard about that. I'm curious maybe I will order one to try :)

Back