For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Are all needles

Discussion in 'Beginners Airbrush Questions!' started by beginner-James, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

Kilsyth, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Planet Earth
    :) Fine thank you, and you?
  2. beginner-James

beginner-James Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I'm Good found a supplier for my cheap AB 20mile away might be looking at a compressor for the house but waiting until the wife has her birthday (September) as I'm moving into the my conservatory over the Autumn-spring
  3. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!

Ultrasonic cleaners are very nice but not necessary and id say those that have and use them regularly are in the minority

All three needles for my pz360 (another fengda 180 variant) were identical..... .2,.25, and .3.... only the nozzles changed.

Pay close attention when putting in the new nozzle... you'll want no more than about a half turn past finger tight. When youve got it a quarter turn"-ish" put the cap on and see how well it centers in the hole with a loupe. make a mental note of the direction that it leans toward and when you tighten the next quarter turn"-ish" push slighty against that direction. Put the cap back on and re-check how well its centered. With a good bit of careful fiddling you should be able to get it to center up reasonably well without compressing the o-ring too far....sometimes this involves having the air cap unscrewed an eighth turn or a bit too as the last bit of tightening tends to throw it off center again....the chapstick helps on these threads too so you can have it not totally tightened and have enough "stiction" to keep it from loosening on its own.
    Franc Kaiser likes this.