Are Creos/mr Hobby nozzles interchangeable with Iwata?

Wizard_Theron

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I picked up this Iwata HP-CH for cheap. It was covered in paint and missing its nozzle. Now it’s clean and in very good condition and it just needs a nozzle but Iwata want a crazy amount of money for it. That has me wondering if i can buy the cheaper Mr Hobby (or some other compatible brand) equivalent for less and fit it to this brush?

I read the micron/771 nozzles are interchangeable but what about the other models like this brush and its Creos equivalent?

F2A76E3E-A839-48E5-A3E5-2F33A2B0283B.jpeg

The Creos nozzles do use the same threads as some of the Iwata nozzles. The 770/771 nozzle threads are compatible with the Micron head base. The PS270/289 nozzles use the same m1.8 x .35mm thread size as the Plus and Highline series Iwatas. That said, the actual nozzle does vary a little - as the actual final spec is proprietary per brand. I do use 770/771 nozzles in Micron head bases with good success - I actually prefer them over the Iwata, as I find them to be just a little more forgiving in use. I would have to guess at the PS289 being a good match for the HP-CH, but would probably feel OK putting a little money on it. I'll double check needle tapers after a little while to see if that might also be worth doing at the same time, or if the Iwata is close enough to work OK.

The Creos nozzles do use the same threads as some of the Iwata nozzles. The 770/771 nozzle threads are compatible with the Micron head base. The PS270/289 nozzles use the same m1.8 x .35mm thread size as the Plus and Highline series Iwatas. That said, the actual nozzle does vary a little - as the actual final spec is proprietary per brand. I do use 770/771 nozzles in Micron head bases with good success - I actually prefer them over the Iwata, as I find them to be just a little more forgiving in use. I would have to guess at the PS289 being a good match for the HP-CH, but would probably feel OK putting a little money on it. I'll double check needle tapers after a little while to see if that might also be worth doing at the same time, or if the Iwata is close enough to work OK.
Thanks Dave (thinking about putting that in my signature).

That’s a big help.

Back