Are these good for the airbrush?

Kentucky Steve

Young Tutorling
These don't say airbrush paints, so I'm asking are these any good for airbrush?

Amazon.com: ARTME Glow in The Dark Paint, Glow Paint Set of 12 Bright Colors 30ml/1oz, Acrylic Glow in The Dark Paint Perfect for Art Painting, DIY projects, Halloween and Christmas Decorations, Rich Pigments for Adults, Artists and Students : Arts, Crafts & Sewing

71hmRdyXwfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They aren't airbrush specific, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work, if reduced correctly. But... I would suggest that you go with a larger nozzle brush, like a 0.50.

Airbrush specific paints have a much finer grind to the pigment so they can travel easier through a small nozzle. Glow paints in general have a larger pigment size, so they might give some trouble if not prepared right.

I'd reduce with a good quality reducer like createx 4013, and consider a drop of a flow aid or glycerin. Then I'd filter the mix through a piece of nylon from pantyhose. Should remove any problem chunks.

Then spray at 30 to 40 psi through a 0.50 brush. Maybe a .30 would work too. Smaller than that, you might have some trouble, depending on the pigment grind in the original paint.

I've adapted a lot of acrylic paints to airbrush, and most of them can be be used with little fuss with just a preparation.

Also, mask up. The paint particles will contain phosphorous in glow paints, and you do NOT want to be breathing that.

They aren't airbrush specific, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work, if reduced correctly. But... I would suggest that you go with a larger nozzle brush, like a 0.50.

Airbrush specific paints have a much finer grind to the pigment so they can travel easier through a small nozzle. Glow paints in general have a larger pigment size, so they might give some trouble if not prepared right.

I'd reduce with a good quality reducer like createx 4013, and consider a drop of a flow aid or glycerin. Then I'd filter the mix through a piece of nylon from pantyhose. Should remove any problem chunks.

Then spray at 30 to 40 psi through a 0.50 brush. Maybe a .30 would work too. Smaller than that, you might have some trouble, depending on the pigment grind in the original paint.

I've adapted a lot of acrylic paints to airbrush, and most of them can be be used with little fuss with just a preparation.

Also, mask up. The paint particles will contain phosphorous in glow paints, and you do NOT want to be breathing that.

Thank you for the information. I do have some glow paint that's made for airbrush, so that's no problem. I don't have a mask, so if I use these, I'll do it outside and make sure the wind is blowing from behind me. If they won't work in my airbrush, I just use regular brushes and do it indoors.

This is what I was going to say too Kim lol. Saved me some typing.

This is what I was going to say too Kim lol. Saved me some typing.
I do have these paints, and I also have regular brushes. Not knowing if these will work in an airbrush, I'll just use these with regular brushes. Thank you for your input.

Back