AS186 Drain Plug

Chris g

Double Actioner
Hi,

Just to let you know of a problem I've found on my AS186 compressor.

Every so often when I've finished painting I let the compressor cool down and open the drain plug to stop moisture laying in the tank.

Drain Plug.jpg

Recently I noticed some brown / orange specs in the moisture trap. I opened the drain plug and nothing came out. Tilted the compressor and put some screwed kitchen paper up into the hole and got a spot of oily water, when the compressor went back to the horizontal rusty water came out of the drain hole.

I found that by gently rocking the compressor back and forward and side to side I got quite a bit of rusty water out of the tank.

So my guess is that the drain hole is not completely draining the tank.

My suggestion would be to do this every so often to make sure no moisture is being left in the tank and also after a session leave the drain plug off so that the tank can dry out a bit.

I also run my compressor for a few minutes with the plug open. Air takes the less obstructed route and it will force the water with it. I've only had coloured water come out, never flakes.

I also run my compressor for a few minutes with the plug open. Air takes the less obstructed route and it will force the water with it. I've only had coloured water come out, never flakes.

Nice idea. I'll give it a try in future.

Back