Asturo H-827P airbrush for painting windows and the rest

S

Sbiriguda

Now please don't insult me...
I need to paint the windows (douglas pine wood) in my place. I have been told to use an airbrush like the Asturo H827, which is relatively cheap.
https://www.amazon.it/ASTURO-Aerogr...8&qid=1531481198&sr=8-1&keywords=h827p+asturo
Do you think the same airbrush would be any good to do also some airbrush painting after I finish painting the windows? This would be killing two birds with one stone, or catching two pigeons with one broad bean as you would say in Italian
Thanks

That isn't an airbrush mate, it's a spray gun, it would useless for airbrush art unless you plan to do huge muralso_O

I suspected so...
There is no way then to change nozzle or something like that
Is it possible to do the opposite, I mean to buy an airbrush and use it as a spray gun?
My windows are not that big, even though it would take more effort it could still make sense
Otherwise I will just paint the windows by brush and then get an airbrush, what the heck

I suspected so...
There is no way then to change nozzle or something like that
Is it possible to do the opposite, I mean to buy an airbrush and use it as a spray gun?
My windows are not that big, even though it would take more effort it could still make sense
Otherwise I will just paint the windows by brush and then get an airbrush, what the heck

Your best plan of attack is to paint the windows by brush and buy a proper airbrush designed for the purpose of creating art and other hobby painting.

the problem with painting you windows even with a spray gun is that you have to mask everything around them and then sheet everything else to protect all your other goods form over spray, paint spraying creates a lot of dust which gets everywhere and into everything, pretty messy if you don't have the right equipment including a face mask to protect your lungs, airbrushes also produce a lot of dust but far less than a spray gun.

Choosing an airbrush will depend on what you want to paint such as fine art, models, custom automotive work and many other disciplines, so if you tell us what you would like to paint we can advise you better.

Yes, and thank you for your advice
The point is the best paint for this kind of wood is meant for spray gun. Some people say they used it also with the brush with good results, still I would prefer to use the spray gun. Anyway it seems more complicated than what I was hoping

it is like Malky said using a spraygun to paint your windows would be a real hassle , if it is still bare wood best use a good primer before final color and a hairy brush

That gun is meant for a turbine compressor that is why it was recommended to you..... Those are exceptionally good at trim painting because of incredibly low overspray. I mean super low, with the right settings on a calm day you can tape off with just two inch tape like you might with a hairy brush.
But you need an HVLP turbine compressor to run it. It is not a cheap proposition and yes it would be useless for art.
And thank you by the way, I did not realize asturo made turbine guns, I may have to get one. I have used their normal spray guns and they are excellent for the price (think chinese body with Devilbiss nozzle and aircap) ....Hard to find good dealers in the US though.

Btw some turbine guns are conversion guns and can be run from a regular compressor, but then youre back to it being like a regular hvlp, which would then have it acting like the big pain in the butt these guys were talking about so it would defeat its purpose.

Last edited: