Atomizing

badgersb

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hay guys I am having problems with my eclipse airbrush.. I think it is called atomising.. Like tiny little spray dots.. I have cleanedy brush completely and it just isn't rite... I use createx illustration.. My psi is about 21 and I am using 10-4 mix.. I have used this for a while.. But something's changed. ?? I am now nervous when spraying.. Can you guys shed some light on this..

You could try thinning more badger, i know you say u have been using the same ratios but sometimes even weather can affect your ratios, try a couple more drops of reducer see how you go

atomizing is some all airbrushes do , That is the process of mixing a liquid with air:D
Can you post a picture of what you are talking about it will help us trouble shoot much better

Thanks .. So you think I should .. Say use like a drop less of paint.. , or add another two drops of reducer.. ? What causes atimizing

it is as if the spray is hazing when it comes out.. even at really close to the page.. if that is how i can describe it..

it is as if the spray is hazing when it comes out.. even at really close to the page.. if that is how i can describe it..

Most times you get poor atomization, there is either paint clogging your nozzle or the opening of the air cap.

If you have some cleaner or denatured alcohol, loosen your needle chuck and back your needle ups just a bit, the. Re tighten. Put cleaner or denatured alcohol in the paint cup and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Reseat your needle and spin it a few times with the needle all the way forward(no real forward pressure, just enough to make contact). The cleaner should loosen any paint and rotating the needle will knock it off the inside of the nozzle. Re tighten your chuck and give it another shot.

Back