Attaching a tank to an Iwata Power Jet Lite

Catlinton

Double Actioner
Hello -

I'm very new, absolute pleasure to meet you all.

My trouble is: The Iwata Power Jet Lite and Eclipse that I ordered just arrived Yesterday - first experience of any airbrush I've ever had - and I've tried em out and found the noise from the compressor distracting while painting since it kicks in whenever the trigger is pushed.

I'm figuring about buying a heavy duty tank so I can airbrush for long periods with no noise, so I guess my question is this, since I'm at a loss:

How does one go about selecting a decent tank, and how would one attach it to a Power Jet Lite in such a way so as to still have access to the pressure regulator on the business end?

(I've seen the Power Jet Pro but the tank doesn't seem to have a terribly large capacity, I'd prefer to buy a large tank seperately if possible and attach it to the compressor I already have)

I think what I'm asking is if anyone has a good guide for something like this, though any answers would be splendid.

Thank you.

Good find Husky, it would work exactly as Catlinton needs without the nightmare of plumbing it all in. Catlinton, why not pop over to our Introductions section and introduce yourself, http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Being new to airbrushing we get to know about you , what you want to paint, what equipment you have etc, we can help you much more when we have the info.

Lee

Good find Husky, it would work exactly as Catlinton needs without the nightmare of plumbing it all in. Catlinton, why not pop over to our Introductions section and introduce yourself, http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Being new to airbrushing we get to know about you , what you want to paint, what equipment you have etc, we can help you much more when we have the info.

Lee

Thank you both, I think I will - I'm a complete novice so I'm sure there's a lot I can learn here

I appreciate the answers

This seems like a great idea. Did a quick search, can't find a US vendor. Anybody know who might carry these?

This seems like a great idea. Did a quick search, can't find a US vendor. Anybody know who might carry these?
If you can't find something like this in states, Martin store owner has international shipping. Put that tank in cart like you will order it and proceed to payments until you get shipment options. So you can see how much would that cost. I had luck few times with shipping from america to europe. It was like 20 bucks.

Considering the positive replies I think that may be the best option then, thanks Husky -

If you'll indulge my curiosity a little more: how long do you all think that tank would spray for at a time? Like, what's a good estimate of litres to allowable use time once fully charged?

Forgive the Columbo, but one last thing: would there be a special hose/connector needed, or would a Power Jet Lite be able to plug right into that?

If you'll indulge my curiosity a little more: how long do you all think that tank would spray for at a time? Like, what's a good estimate of litres to allowable use time once fully charged?

It depends of the Psi you are using. More Psi,more air you push out of your tank.

for example I am using 60 psi, bunch of guys here are using 20 Psi. So they have 2 times more air then I if we have the same tank. So this would depend of what you gonna spray. T-shirts ''need'' more psi, then Illustration on paper for example. So what you intend to spray would be my question. And np for tank idea. :)

Oh around 20 - 30 I think, let's say about 20, that Com-art paint is rather thin so much more tends to make it splatter.

I'll tell you what I'll do, if I end up buying it I'll make a quick thread on it so anyone else who might be thinking of the purchase can compare to my experiences and decide.

Oh around 20 - 30 I think, let's say about 20, that Com-art paint is rather thin so much more tends to make it splatter.

I'll tell you what I'll do, if I end up buying it I'll make a quick thread on it so anyone else who might be thinking of the purchase can compare to my experiences and decide.
The only helpful information I can put forward is that my cheap compressor has a 3L tank, I have a small fan to help it cool while it’s not running and I can paint all day without any problems anywhere from 25 - around 5 PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only helpful information I can put forward is that my cheap compressor has a 3L tank, I have a small fan to help it cool while it’s not running and I can paint all day without any problems anywhere from 25 - around 5 PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I see you are being fancy here lol I have bloody refregirator compressor attached to a tank lollollol

I gotta say, these compressors are QUIET compared with many others. Not the quietest but pretty good. You don't need to change your speaking volume over it. I have the bigger brother with a 2l tank and it runs for about 20 seconds every 2 minutes or so if I'm doing long sprays. Remember this unit isn't designed for continuous operation required to fill a big tank (20l is 10 times larger than my tank) and so you may find it wears faster. Certainly the bigger compressors will fill their tank faster but they are way noisier. Like you shout over them! You'd want it in another room if you want quiet painting.

I can talk over it alright, but knowing it'll kick on when I spray makes me hesitate slightly every time, think of when a cat looks worried and that's what I look like whenever my finger's on the trigger.

If that's the case, and this one being 5.3L, then it's certainly the stuff I'm after - yes, it looks like I'll buy it.

Although having said that, it looks like shopping is temporarily suspended on that site now, just my luck.

In any case thank you all, this was incredibly helpful~

Back