auotair paint on plastic

I

itsracin

Okay im new to this auotair paint and still getting use to it....I have a road trail bike that i have purchased and want to airbrush the plastic, instead of vinyl on it which i have made for it at the moment....Question is, how do i get the paint to stick to it, opposed to base over clear.....

Kind Regards Chad....

Okay im new to this auotair paint and still getting use to it....I have a road trail bike that i have purchased and want to airbrush the plastic, instead of vinyl on it which i have made for it at the moment....Question is, how do i get the paint to stick to it, opposed to base over clear.....

Kind Regards Chad....

You want to scuff the plastic with a scotch brite pad or 800 grit sand paper. Then you wipe it down with wax/grease remover and use a plastic adhesion promoter. After this you can primer/ paint on it and it should hold up. Finish it off with clearcoat and you shouldn't have any problems with adhesion. Hope this helps.

You want to scuff the plastic with a scotch brite pad or 800 grit sand paper. Then you wipe it down with wax/grease remover and use a plastic adhesion promoter. After this you can primer/ paint on it and it should hold up. Finish it off with clearcoat and you shouldn't have any problems with adhesion. Hope this helps.

What plastic adhesion promoter for autoair would be used

Kind regards Chad.

What plastic adhesion promoter for autoair would be used

Kind regards Chad.

Bulldog is a great adhesion promoter But you can also use Krylons plastic primer .Mainly you are giving the paint a better tooth to bite on to and something to help hold the clear coat on too.

Back