Australian re-entry to the airbrush world

M

Mystweave

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around for a few weeks now getting some great info, thought I'd say hi!

I used to do a lot of airbrushing many years ago, but stopped when I took on my tattoo apprenticeship, I'm still tattooing as my day job but am excited to get back into airbrushing!

I still have 2x Iwata hp-c and a Hp- c plus that I kept but not much else, so I've been doing a lot of research on what compressor, paints and extras to get so I can get painting again.

I used to mainly use 2pack base coats and have used a little createx before and I plan to use water based paints this time around, I just purchased a bunch of Aero colors I'm yet to try, but they are so expensive and I plan on doing large canvas work so have borrowed some big bottles of wicked and considering ordering some of their detail line..

I don't have any reducer for the wicked and want to paint today, could I use a normal art shop style extender or just some water? Or should I wait and order reducer?

Well happy to be here, see you around! :)
Dan

I have reduced wicked with both extender and water and it still works well. Distilled water is supposed to be better but I can't tell the difference.. Obviously the proper stuff is the best but water will work fine.

Lee

I have reduced wicked with both extender and water and it still works well. Distilled water is supposed to be better but I can't tell the difference.. Obviously the proper stuff is the best but water will work fine.

Lee

Cool! thank you Lee!

Hello and welcome from PA-USA , I use Wicked detail almost exclusively and it can be reduced with all of the following.... Water-distilled is recommended (chemicals filtered) but tap is fine too, Home Brew- 20 oz (12 oz dist. water/ 4 oz denatured alcohol / 4 oz windex (no ammonia or vinegar), Wicked - w100 or the new high performance w500. The home brew works well but the w500 is better to help fight tip dry.

Here is link for brew... Homemade Reducer

Welcome to the forum from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:cheerful:

Back