Auto Air candy question

T

triumph1050

Hello. I have somes old auto air candy bottles here, but it's old. Maybe 7-8 years old. Yesterday i've shake it toroughly and they seam to be good, but not 100% sure. What do you think? Did you use it if you are to my place? And another question. On the bottle, its indicate that this candy is not lightfast. If i mix it 1/1 with wicked transparent base, is the candy will be lightfast?
Thank you.

David

Hello. I have somes old auto air candy bottles here, but it's old. Maybe 7-8 years old. Yesterday i've shake it toroughly and they seam to be good, but not 100% sure. What do you think? Did you use it if you are to my place? And another question. On the bottle, its indicate that this candy is not lightfast. If i mix it 1/1 with wicked transparent base, is the candy will be lightfast?
Thank you.

David

I would suggest a test piece to see how it behaves, although if there is no evidence pigment separation it should be fine, since it's the pigment/dye that isn't light-fast I doubt mixing with anything would make a difference, it will more than likely still fade.

Has it ever been frozen? I have some old bottle too and they are just fine. But they never have been frozen.

I bought some AA kandies once and hated them lol! Got better results with just the trans paints. If you ever want to try real candies try the HOK line, you'll never go back lol!

I tried AA candies once and didn't like it either, I followed the instructions to the letter, but it seemed to have an almost tacky feel to it, and if you don't get it just right it starts to dry before it hits the surface giving an orange peel look, so I had to over reduce, and do more coats. And the weather/conditions shouldn't have affected it. It was fine after clearing though, I just found it a pain in the arse. Like Cuda, I just use trans paints, unless I'm doing mono over a silver base, then I'll cover with a uro candy.

ok thank you guy, i'll stay with transparent paint. But... we can shoot uro HOK over water base base coat??

David

Back