Auto air sealer dark

steve1111

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hi everyone I'm doing a bike helmet for the young fella and wanted to know if the sealer dark is a true black ? Also can it be clear coated after I spray or would I have to sand the Orange peal out then clear coat ? Or should I base coat with a black after the sealer dark ?
Thanks everyone for your time

The AA Sealer dark id not black and is intended as a base coat.
I have never sanded it, never found the need to be honest and yes, I would use something like AA semi opaque black over it.
Have a look here If you look at that link on each page if the data sheet.

Cool thanks oddball. I seen a DVD 40 psi and counting I think it is he dry sands the sealer dark so I thought I would ask the question. I shot the sealer through a touch up gun and got some serious Orange peel. Will that disappear once clear coated and buffed out ?

I've never had orange peel with it mate, I shoot it at 40 - 50 through my Sata touch up gun.

I was taught that prime ,sand , seal , sand , base coat ,sand then art work and clear and , cut and buff. But that was 40+years ago

I was taught that prime ,sand , seal , sand , base coat ,sand then art work and clear and , cut and buff. But that was 40+years ago
That.s what I was taught Herb but with AA it's like plastic when you try and sand it if you have ever tried. I've try to sand out mistakes in the past . what a mare!
I have done three courses with Simon Murry who is the main AA importer to the UK and he doesn't sand anything - other than the initial prep work.

I always heat set the paint and it is not really sanding but scuffing it with a soft scotch bright pad.
But I was also told that if the paint lifts on a tape off you did not put it on right.

I always heat set the paint and it is not really sanding but scuffing it with a soft scotch bright pad.
But I was also told that if the paint lifts on a tape off you did not put it on right.
Yep, @Mr.Micron , If you do your prep right it shouldn't lift is right enough! With me, I have a problem with inpatients and every time I get lifting paint I just know It's because I have been slack at the scuffing or not de-greased it properly, Operator error my friend, operator error :depressed:

Back