Auto Air

otpowell

Double Actioner
What's the difference between auto air and wicked? I know there is a purpose difference. What is the chemical difference I wonder. Is it simply that the auto air has better adhesion to metal and existing auto paint? This guy is using auto air in these videos and its making me want to get some. I think I'll stick with HOK products though. Anyone use shimmering kandy base coats from HOK? I'm wondering if its still a little transparent like kandy paint. Or is it opaque like a base coat, or somewhere in between? Man I want some nice pearl paint and some HOK clear and some kandy concentrate. I'm going to get some this week!

I wonder, what's the difference between water based kandy paint and water based transparent? What makes kandy paint kandy and why don't they have kandy paint in the wicked brand?

Kandy paints are made with a dye. Opaques and Trans are made with pigments. But I'm sure there are people on here that can explain it better than that. That just the jist of it.

Kandy paints are made with a dye. Opaques and Trans are made with pigments. But I'm sure there are people on here that can explain it better than that. That just the jist of it.

It's that simple nothing more to it, except to say as a result of being dye based candies are even more transparent than pigment based transparent paint.

Auto Air candies are not true candies since they are pigment based. It even says on the bottles: "Pigment Candy". As stated, true candies are dye based. I use Auto Air all the time and find it works great. You just have to work a little different with them as opposed to solvent based dye based candies. On a side note, Badger Imagine Air water based paints do have dye based candies. The only water based paint that has a true dye based line of candies. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but I'll order them some day soon to give them a try. Btw, you can mix Auto Air and Wicked.

Back