Autoair white sealer problems

simonarvestrand

Double Actioner
I am painting och plastics and need to use white sealer to make colors cover and have some problems.
the white sealer is to thick for my eclipse gets stuck and very hard to get clean after.

What do you use?

i guess thinning is not a good solution because it wont cover so good?
use another brush with about 0,8 noz?

What is the best way ?

Most base coats are laid down with a mini spray gun for an even and flat coat.
You can reduce the AA base coat for better flow through an airbrush but remember airbrush shoot a round pattern and spray guns shoot a oval wider pattern

I am painting och plastics and need to use white sealer to make colors cover and have some problems.
the white sealer is to thick for my eclipse gets stuck and very hard to get clean after.

What do you use?

i guess thinning is not a good solution because it wont cover so good?
use another brush with about 0,8 noz?

What is the best way ?

Most sealer's are generally done with larger nozzle sizes, you could also thin it and apply more layers until it covers, but you can usually find a higher volume mini spray gun for this type of work, saving your airbrush for the stuff that really matters, the same applies to candies and metallic paints where thinning doesn't help much.

Tanks for the advice!

i did use a cheap chines ab for it , that one went in the garbage after i painted the first of four pieces .

At first i was thinking of a bottom feed ab with 0,8 nozzel but that will shot round as micron says so mini spraygun sounds good
any links to a shop that has one `?

Tanks for the advice!

i did use a cheap chines ab for it , that one went in the garbage after i painted the first of four pieces .

At first i was thinking of a bottom feed ab with 0,8 nozzel but that will shot round as micron says so mini spraygun sounds good
any links to a shop that has one `?

Ebay, mine was £12 and works fine for basecoats. Be aware it will require a compressor with about a 25litre storage tank to run efficiently.mine was a 0.8 HVLP gun. Hope this helps! Regards Tufty

Back