Automobilia Paintings

beanpoleuk

Air-Valve Autobot!
One of my Hobbes is building kit cars, I would like to paint a picture of my latest Kit Car before she is sold, a Porsche Speedster 356 replica.

So how do you guys and girls go about such a project ? my thoughts are ?

Cover the whole board with frisket
Transfer the image to to frisket covered board
Cut out the area's in turn as I go along ,(lots of long flowing curves) ?

The main problem I think will be the fact I build a 'Black' Speedster so the white highlights on the black body will be a pain ..

Steve

I would love to build a kit car some day, money is not available for that though, my dream is a Factory 5 roadster, Shelby Cobra replica.

As for the painting, black will be a pain I would think, have to paint in tonal values, a car in the sun won't be solid black, the sun will reflect and lighten the black in areas. Good reference pics will be key.

I'm just questing at this, just what I am thinking, hopefully someone who has done a similar painting will drop in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would love to build a kit car some day, money is not available for that though, my dream is a Factory 5 roadster, Shelby Cobra replica.

As for the painting, black will be a pain I would think, have to paint in tonal values, a car in the sun won't be solid black, the sun will reflect and lighten the black in areas. Good reference pics will be key.

I'm just questing at this, just what I am thinking, hopefully someone who has done a similar painting will drop in.

The last kit I built car was a Cobra :) , I kept some good reference pictures so might do that one as well..

Steve

Must be nice. do you build them for a profit? or for a hobby?

If the meathead writing this post looked back. He would see you build them as a hobby, foolish American. :)

Back