Baby oil and maybe a touch of liquid praffin.

P

philfish66

Hi people I would like to ask if Baby oil is ok as a lube for the brush. also if its a bit thick could i reduce the oil thickness with the clear liquid paraffin.what does everyone think. As ive used it for alsorts and the on old brushes but thats years ago. now i have new brushes like Krome, awata, will it be good for them i was told by a engineer that Baby oil is very good. replies please thanks phil

Last edited by a moderator:
not as i know of its surpost to be pure. as someone said to me on the forum it is from boots and it doesnt say anything else on the label lol. but ill find out ive used it for oiling all sorts over the years and had no problems. Ijust wondered about use on new brushes. reaction with crome and alike.

Does it contain silicon? I use soluble bath oil but I don't use auto paints.

phil

I use Super Lube, mainly it is a thicken form for Glycerin.
Baby oil I would kind of stay away from .
Vaseoline thin coat on needle it fine.
But mainly there is no right answer.

But machine oil is so cheap. Go to a store that sell air tool and gets some machine oil for air tools or a sewing supply and get sewing machine oil. Any oil I have ever mixed with wax or paraffin gummed up after time. Also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't baby oil mineral oil with perfume? Maybe just get the cheap stuff at the pharmacy. Still I have several life time supplies of machine oil so it's what I use.

But machine oil is so cheap. Go to a store that sell air tool and gets some machine oil for air tools or a sewing supply and get sewing machine oil. Any oil I have ever mixed with wax or paraffin gummed up after time. Also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't baby oil mineral oil with perfume? Maybe just get the cheap stuff at the pharmacy. Still I have several life time supplies of machine oil so it's what I use.
Over time machine oil will break down the rubber 0-ring faster than superlube.
Plus you never want to just drop it in , Like a weapon a thin coat is all you need.

ok ill be going back to the airbrush lube. Its what it was made for after all. thanks for the info.

phil

Supper lube is a vegetable oil based product that will not affect the paint when sprayed on textile or hard surface. The thing is with a tube of supper lube it will last a long long time. I would not try anything else.

Sorry...nothing to add, just saw the title and it reminded me of a drunken night with lay by Lil from Liverpool!!!

Sorry...nothing to add, just saw the title and it reminded me of a drunken night with lay by Lil from Liverpool!!!

Certainly food for thought if he's bought a load of the stuff and doesn't know what to do with it, lol, baby oil isn't just for babies.

I don't no what your implying Madbrush, Layby Lil was very good with an airbrush that's all:)

I don't no what your implying Madbrush, Layby Lil was very good with an airbrush that's all:)

So I guess what you are now trying to say is there was never a "Layby Baby Lil" then, I'll believe you just as soon as you post some of her work, and for some reason the phrase "Sore inbox" comes into mind, I don't know what's happening to me, I don't even drink., lol

Where the hell are Sea Monkey and Micron man when you need them?

Probably off entertaining Layby Lil,or her friends, Doggin Dora and Grass Verge Vera. I don't think Kev can post Layby Lil's work, as her work with a gun always end up in over reduction. I'll leave the comments about splattering to someone else. I wouldn't want to lower the tone!

leave that to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was so much splattering going on kevs rear window was left looking like a plasterers radio

What about Gun oil? My AB didn't come with lube, but I have Rem Oil for my Glock. It contains petroleum disillates.

What about Gun oil? My AB didn't come with lube, but I have Rem Oil for my Glock. It contains petroleum disillates.

Nope , if it gets into the paint you will not be happy at all.
vaseline dabbed on your finger then wipe most of it off so you get a thin coating on the needle will work fine and no chance of it working it's way into the paint.

Nope , if it gets into the paint you will not be happy at all.
vaseline dabbed on your finger then wipe most of it off so you get a thin coating on the needle will work fine and no chance of it working it's way into the paint.

Thanks man. Was worth the question, right?

They're all good questions.

I used to use paintball gun oil at first. Then when I ordered some stuff from Bear Air, they threw in a bottle of Paasche lube, so I used that. When I started getting my Iwata's I got some super lube. I use both, the super lube seems to get sticky on the valve plunger oring, so a drop of oil there frees it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back