Bad paint?

11.45 min
Dilute the 4012 1/1 with water.
To make it 4011?
I think he said it’s nearly 4011. I’ve had a pretty good mix using the Createx airbrush cleaner as a mild reducer. The products are similar, just slight changes to the chemical makeup as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To make it ‘close’ to 4011, diluting with water takes some of the sting out of 4012, still not perfect match for 4011 but at least breathes some life into the hoarders amongst us that have bottles of 4012 in the cupboard :)

I remember I was eyeing the main chemical for 4012 on Ebay. You could get quite a bit at 100% power for a good price. Enough to make a big barrel of it. The stuff in 4011 seemed harder and more expensive to get. You're paying for a very high % of water in these reducers.
Trident sells concentrate as well.

I remember I was eyeing the main chemical for 4012 on Ebay. You could get quite a bit at 100% power for a good price. Enough to make a big barrel of it. The stuff in 4011 seemed harder and more expensive to get. You're paying for a very high % of water in these reducers.
Trident sells concentrate as well.
I tried Trident reducer with Createx, not a fan

I tried Trident reducer with Createx, not a fan
Trident still don’t have a real supplier here. There were some tester sets sent out from PKG magazine and the feedback was all positive. I lien the idea of a concentrated reducer, but it screwed up sever guys who didn’t RTFM and didn’t realise it needed diluting. [emoji2361]

Trident still don’t have a real supplier here. There were some tester sets sent out from PKG magazine and the feedback was all positive. I lien the idea of a concentrated reducer, but it screwed up sever guys who didn’t RTFM and didn’t realise it needed diluting. [emoji2361]

Trident now has a program where they will send international for free if over $200. Their world product promotion is horrible, right up there with E'tac.

Trident tried it as stated smells like formaldehyde for a reason that is cause it has more then California laws allows to be used airborne.
While I did like the why it works the formaldehyde smell seemed to stay in the air (mind you I spray in a well ventilated garage) for a day or so after using. Red seemed to have the strongest smell to it.
But being most states follow what California does on the VOC laws it is harder to get and for the cost just not worth it.

Back