Badger 105 Patriot problems

Hi guys, first off I am a complete newcomer to airbrushing. I have got myself a Patriot 105 after reading up a lot of reviews and taking a shine to Badger. However I have only had my brush about a month and in that time only used it a maximum of a few hours. I have noticed a few issues with it. Air leakage on the screw above my quick release, more air leakage from the cone (first screw part on the tip) and last the finish has already worn off the inside of the cup and the trench at the bottom of the cup is brassy coloured. Any advice guys. All I can add is I give the brush a good clean between colour changes using airbrush cleaner. Thanks in advance :)
First off you should always start off in a new forum with an introduction. you can find that section here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Next after the introduction you should really start your own thread on this subject being that is may not pertain to the subject matter of this thread.
Plus it will allow you to read and better track answer given to you.
lastly and this is the most important part , We need all information , What paint are you using , What cleaning product , are you using anything like mini brushes while cleaning?
The more information you give in your own thread the better help we can offer , Also include at the very least what country you live in.

WOW, I have never seen this thread before , it should be preserved for forum historical purposes. The first meetings of the Holy triumvirate themselves Mitch, Cordy, and Seamonkey!!!! the holy (though sometimes absent lol) trio before the bromance truely kicked in! Cool!

First off you should always start off in a new forum with an introduction. you can find that section here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Next after the introduction you should really start your own thread on this subject being that is may not pertain to the subject matter of this thread.
Plus it will allow you to read and better track answer given to you.
lastly and this is the most important part , We need all information , What paint are you using , What cleaning product , are you using anything like mini brushes while cleaning?
The more information you give in your own thread the better help we can offer , Also include at the very least what country you live in.
First off - I must apologize if I came across rude, I was at that moment frustrated and eager to post my issues. I shall do all as asked-again I am sorry.

First off - I must apologize if I came across rude, I was at that moment frustrated and eager to post my issues. I shall do all as asked-again I am sorry.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: good on you, the more we know about you the better tailored all help can be, if we know roughly where you are supplier tips will be local to you, and if we know all of your equipment people who have the same gear or experience with it will chip in to get you sorted.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: good on you, the more we know about you the better tailored all help can be, if we know roughly where you are supplier tips will be local to you, and if we know all of your equipment people who have the same gear or experience with it will chip in to get you sorted.
I am going to open a new thread like Mr. Micron suggested and I'll fill in all those blanks there- cheers for the advice :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Boris, from Serbia, and I've been modelling for about a year. After using some cheap brushes for a while, I decided to get a proper one, and bought Badger Patriot 105 (I live in not so developed country and it was quite an investment, with shipping from USA it comes to about 1/3rd of my monthly wage).
Its brand new airbrush and I test painted one model with it, and I encountered same issue. The trigger is very jumpy. It goes back about half way with no flow coming, and then suddenly big flow of paint. There is like one particular position where flow is moderate, but its very narrow margin.. like 0,5 milimeter between no flow and big flow. Its very hard to keep it in this position and I had several unwanted bursts of paint. When I say burst I mean burst... like amount of paint that can paint for example a whole turret of 1/72 tank coming out instantly at once. I am scared that my airbrush is not working properly, and wonder if its even possible to send them to badger if they are bought on ebay.

Back