Badger 150 Vs H&S Evolution

Whistlingtom

Gravity Guru
Dear all,
I have just used by old Badger 150 to realise a picture after not having touched an airbrush for 18.years. The brush still works fine.

However, I have 2 questions:

A)Is it worth buying a H&S Evolution 2in one or is it too similar to the Badger 150 to notice a difference in spray quality or handling?

B) How about the H&S Infinity instead? I have heared hat it clogs much easier thanks to the 0.15mm nozzle.

Many thanks in advance
Thomas

Similar? One is a siphon feed the other is a gravity feed.
Get it for variety. Variety is the spice of life.
Unless you NEED the needle limiter I would go for the Evo, same nozzle and needle.
You can get .2 or.4 needle for H&S if you are concerned about clogging.

I have badger 155 and Evo. The 2 brushes feel very different. H&S feels quite a bit more nimble but I paint tiny little figures and have to change my angles a lot.

Not really a lot of difference from what you have now as far as how they spray . But may I ask what are you looking this brush to do ? IE detail, super fine lines or just another airbrush but different brand.
The only issues I have ever had with my H&S Infinity is with the .15 nozzle are easily cracked when using paint . When I use ink only I never had a problem. The .2 nozzle hold up pretty good but in my opinion the nozzles from H&S as made of too soft of metal .
But I do like the way H&S feels .

Many thanks for your answers. I just thought nowadays airbrushes must have improved in terms of spray quality, homogeneity of spray or anything else compared to the pistols available 20.years ago. I am looking to paint more detailed features without risking to have an overly sensitive airbrush. With the H&S infinity, people have reported that they spend more time on cleaning the 0.15mm nozzle that actually painting pictures. Also, as mentioned earlier having a gravity feed might be nice for a change.

One difference you will find on any gravity feed brush is that you wont need as much air pressure to get paint to flow. I own an Infinity and an Evolution. They are probably my favorite brushes. I love the way the trigger feels and the way they spray. I also love the optional fPc (mac) valve. They have a very refined high-quality feel to them, and they literally fall apart in your hand when you go to clean them. I have an ongoing fight with gravity and small parts, so the H&S style works well for me. But you may have different tastes. The Infinity is a fancier looking model but operationally its the same thing.

I think also a very important part is how the brushes seal. With teflon washers and rubber o rings placed in the right places you dont have to worry about air leaks on the H&S.

Serviceability on the H&S is much better than the Badger. And you being in Germany, parts are much easier to come by than Badger parts.

Back