Badger 360: The only Dual Feed airbrush on the market today

Thanks for checking the needles. As you mention, "gentler" is the reason i thought an oring mod would be better and its a consumable part that will take up any damage of squeezing the parts together.

The system in the 360, anthem and Patriot must be a good system for it to be used across more than one manufacturer and still in use. I suppose if the nozzles are a softer material than the body they should hopefully deform before the body does. They are also to a degree consumable.

Hello,

Keep in mind the Patriot, Arrow, Anthem, 360, 200NH and 175 are the Pro-Production Series meaning they are design for extensive and prolonged use like in industrial environments.

128254906_3522778527799813_513140877869539618_n.jpg

Thanks,,
Ismael

Cleaned up and straightened out quite nicely! Turned out looking quite good.

In the early 19-teens OC Wold introduced a model called the A-1N. I don't have one, but am on the lookout - I do have a few mid-to late 1930's Wold A-2N's. These models were unique in their time due to having both side feed, and siphon feed ports available, along with a filler plug to cap the unused port. There was a few other models from around the same time period ( starting in the early 1900's and lasting into the @1940's) that also featured the same sort of dual port setup.

This Wold A-2N came with both the siphon feed bottle, a side feed color cup (there is a hole on the other side of the brush for it), and a filler plug. It also has a different air cap hidden in the back of the handle which has a reversed cone at the front that covers the needle tip when installed. The one pictured would be for detail work - exposing the needle.

View attachment 85390

I've always thought Badgers take with the 360 was a pretty interesting one. With the broad range of sizes in the needle/nozzle configurations, it can make the brush very versatile.

Good rescue!
Hi Dave, I am new to the forum and have dug my Wold A2N out of a box in my garage (workshop). I am wondering if and where I might be able to buy side cup that will work with it. Some prefer that over the siphon feed. I wood like to experiment with doing both. The few times I have used it when I was about 16 years old I used the jar as that was all I had. At the time I used an automotive lacquer in it. I have always run lacquer thinner through it to clean it after using paint. A couple of days ago I ordered on Amazon the Jacquard dye powder. I am not familiar with acrylics at all and have been watching lot of YouTube videos. In attached photo I found that an Aztec plastic cup fits but not my choice. I hope I'm not putting too much in this, my second post. ... 😃

Attachments

• IMG_20231111_063350368.jpg
    IMG_20231111_063350368.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231111_063201317.jpg
    IMG_20231111_063201317.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231111_063820786.jpg
    IMG_20231111_063820786.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi Dave, I am new to the forum and have dug my Wold A2N out of a box in my garage (workshop). I am wondering if and where I might be able to buy side cup that will work with it. Some prefer that over the siphon feed. I wood like to experiment with doing both. The few times I have used it when I was about 16 years old I used the jar as that was all I had. At the time I used an automotive lacquer in it. I have always run lacquer thinner through it to clean it after using paint. A couple of days ago I ordered on Amazon the Jacquard dye powder. I am not familiar with acrylics at all and have been watching lot of YouTube videos. In attached photo I found that an Aztec plastic cup fits but not my choice. I hope I'm not putting too much in this, my second post. ... 😃
HI, Drifter - welcome to the forum. There are not many color cups that fit the Wold. The stem is thicker than many others on the market. Pretty sure there is nothing in current production the same size. I have made both a reproduction cup (identical in size and style) as well as a few Iwata style cups to fit some of the brushes in my collection.

Fumbling in the forum yet. I wish I was a little more talented. I have been looking through the forum and have seen your work. Incredible 🙂

The Triplex offers the same dual feed as the 360. hole at the top put cup in you have gravity feed turn front of body 180 degrees hole at bottom hook up the bottle and you have siphon feed.
So the Badger (Revell) 360 is not the only one.
Which of those was the first I can’t say.

I think the Badger (and its T&C twin) is the only one in current production, but not the only one with the idea.
Not familiar with the Triplex. Is it still in production?

I think the Badger (and its T&C twin) is the only one in current production, but not the only one with the idea.
Not familiar with the Triplex. Is it still in production?
The Triplex is a Gabbert made brush from Germany. I am not real sure they are still in business. About the same time I purchased mine (several years ago) their website vanished... The portion of the brush in front of the trigger is interchangeable with a few different optional head assemblies. One is a gravity, or siphon feed head - that can be rotated into either position.

triplex1.jpg

The Triplex or PRS from Gabbert are not produced anymore. Her in Germany airbrushes and Parts are still available. I get my Parts by www.theis-airbrush.de. There located in Leipzig Germany where Gabbert was made. I assume we have a similar situation here as with Olympos and there NOS. So I guess prices will go up when quantity of parts decrease. I will send an e-mail to theis airbrush if they know if the Company Rothe is still producing Triplex parts for them. As soon as I know more I’ll inform you. Mr. Gabbert is still alive but is retired.

I've spoken to the owner of Rothe a few times over the years through my FB (Airbrush Exploration) page. He was going to see about getting me a few parts to replace some that were tweaked on my Gabbert when I got it. I never did hear from him again, though. I didn't really peruse it too tough, either.... He seemed nice enough.

Back