Badger Krome customer support

I

Impactair

So, after hearing all of these great reviews on the krome, I decided to snatch one up and give it a whirl. I was in the market for a .3 all arounder to compliment my cm-sb and since I paid 100 bucks new I figured it was worth a shot. Right out of the box the .3 setup did not work. I was unable to find a crack in the nozzle but it was sputtering and spitting like their was a leak. I e-mailed badger, and within two days I had a response that they would promptly send out a replacement .3 conversion. No questions asked. Awesome, I have to say it was the most pleasant warranty issue I have ever dealt with lol. Usually companies want your first horns birth certificate to prove your a human and a pinkie toe. Badgers customer service is truly top notch.

Since I am waiting for a replacement I decided to give the .2 setup a go. I am super anal about my trigger smoothness and I have to say it wasn't the best out of the box, so I spent about 2 hrs. Sanding from 400 up to 6,000 grit on the trigger and housing (really the housing just had a but or two) but, once I get started, I just can't stop till its perfect. After the time spent polishing, this trigger is smoother than my micron, amazing. I also noticed that this is as close as I have come to a micron performance wise from another airbrush. If I knew what this could do I would have bought three instead of the micron. Absolute best bang for your buck and if your into tuning your equipment, the possibilities are endless. I am truly so surprised that this thing performs so well for the price. I literally have no need for my olympos or non-micron iwatas anymore. I just hope the parts are durable enough yo last a good bit. All in all I have to say, I will say that badger definitely knows what they are doing with these. Top notch. Sorry for the long winded post, it doesn't take much to get me excited lol

Nice one, never had any doubts on Badger service and after care, also not surprised at the the performance since we have a few here who have done some amazing work with Badgers, but still always good to here of another happy outcome:thumbsup:

I figured it would be good to post about it since usually you only hear the negative stories. I do agree with badger that these are better suited for pros since it did take a bit of work for me to get it spraying perfect and the front end parts seem yo be very delicate. But after a bit of tinkering, its now the second best brush I own. I still love my micron but the krome is definitely in the same class.

I know I'm gonna get a beat down for this too but I just couldn't like the eclipse. I tried the SBS, a cs kustom, and a bcs. None of them would perform at low pressure they had erratic spray patterns, the triggers had a weird spot where they felt super loose at the beginning of the pull and then tighten and dump a ton of paint. I must be a weirdo because I know everyone loves them. I also seemed to go through nozzles and needles like crazy, and even with the hobby lobby coupon they still were not cheap. If the nozzles lasted a bit longer I think they would be great for t shirts, but I don't understand how people can use them for hard surface work.

I figured it would be good to post about it since usually you only hear the negative stories. I do agree with badger that these are better suited for pros since it did take a bit of work for me to get it spraying perfect and the front end parts seem yo be very delicate. But after a bit of tinkering, its now the second best brush I own. I still love my micron but the krome is definitely in the same class.

I totally agree, I seen so much negativity over badger but their service has always been fantastic so there is no harm at all in shouting that out, I've only heard of Badger knocking back help when a problem raised it's head but these were folks who thought anger and insults ware the correct approach, which it is obviously not, so I encourage anyone at all who had an experience such as yours to make it public, not just here but also on their face book and such.

If you got your brush to do what you need it to do then it is definitely suited to you, since you got it going to your liking, you clearly approached it like a pro:thumbsup:

If you had taken some photos they might have been handy for others who might have need of a similar solution, but at least you now have the knowledge to offer some tips should the need arise, knowing ones equipment and how to maintain it is just important in airbrushing as technique is:)

I actually did take some pics of the process, I guess I could post it up. It really didn't take much more than time and this does have the smoothest trigger I have ever had.

I know I'm gonna get a beat down for this too but I just couldn't like the eclipse. I tried the SBS, a cs kustom, and a bcs. None of them would perform at low pressure they had erratic spray patterns, the triggers had a weird spot where they felt super loose at the beginning of the pull and then tighten and dump a ton of paint. I must be a weirdo because I know everyone loves them. I also seemed to go through nozzles and needles like crazy, and even with the hobby lobby coupon they still were not cheap. If the nozzles lasted a bit longer I think they would be great for t shirts, but I don't understand how people can use them for hard surface work.

LOL, no one is will beat you down for that, no airbrush can be suited to absolutely everyone, I have side feed eclipse and love it but I'm all for everyone else choosing what works for them personally, we normally recommend the eclipse as an ideal starter brush due to ease of cleaning and maintenance but obviously there are others just suited to beginners, the only reason have never had a badger is because where I am parts ans service are scarce without ordering abroad but I am spoiled for choice for iwata parts;)

I actually did take some pics of the process, I guess I could post it up. It really didn't take much more than time and this does have the smoothest trigger I have ever had.

Cool:thumbsup: throw them up in different thread, I think if you can make a Badger perform better than it already does even badger themselves would interested, I'm sure badger like any other brand will welcome suggestions for improvement to their line, not that i'm saying that's needed.

I'm a huge eclipse fan and I'll be the first to agree, it doesn't do low pressure as well as some. It's a great all rounder but It would take me a lot more practice to get it working well at 15psi or less. So I think it's a worthwhile observation! There is a bit of take up as it starts and it can be a wee quick to bring on the paint. I noticed with my Olympos that it has a longer taper meaning the paint comes on more gradually.

Badger does usually have good customer service, this just goes to prove that. I hope you get the parts quickly so that you can give it a good testing.

Lee

Well Im so very sorry you got a "dud", but
I am very pleased they are helping you out. If you have anymore problems, or issues (or complaints), please PM me, and I will get ahold of Ken asap for you!!

Cant knock Badgers service, they have a justifiably great rep in that area. The brushes are not for me though, too many tweaks for performance needed, and I read about a lot of issues. Not a problem with that fab service, just not for me.

I love my eclipse, and had my last needle and nozzle getting on for a year and a half, using it on many surfaces. They got ruined through me being stupid, not because they didn't last. I love how the trigger responds too, but we're all different, and its horses for courses. Some people love their knock offs, or prefer something old school. Whatever works for you and keeps you painting. Its all good.

I own both the khrome and an hp-CS and both have there place the khrome with the smaller needle will do anything I need for smaller stuff and details at lower pressure and the HP-CS anything else I want

Back