Badger Krome pulsing!

I've heard people have sent their brushes off when they've had issues and got them back refurbed or replaced by badger. I've also heard it can be hard to get hold of them, however they really seem to value customer service, so well worth trying to get hold of them. Don't know what the time scale would be though. If you do want to try Iwata, the eclipse is awesome, really versatile, and even though the nozzle is a bit larger, still gets some pretty fine detail.

Squishy, I have sent a brush off before and they were awesome, even though they gave me a row for sending it to USA when they have a uk dept, although they charge for it, when badger themselves didn't charge me a dime.

Might be worth chancing it though. I will email Ken and see what he says.

Stuart

@KenBadger I'm wondering if you could have a look at this thread and see if you can offer any assistance with my problem?! really don't want to ditch my krome! I do love it 95% of the time haha!

Thanks
Stuart

this may sound dumb but have you pressed on the back of the needle to see if its seated all the way?(Not that I have ever done it):D:D:D

Haha unfortunately it isn't this.... Beginning to wish it was [emoji13]

Folks thank you all for your help so far. I've done a bit more tinkering and replacing as follows

New tip
New crown
New needle
Stripped completely and cleaned extra carefully
Rear section of the brush cleaned and checked for obstruction
New needle bearing seal

These all had no effect.

Then I replaced the hold down ring. This didn't solve the issue, I'm still having the same trouble, however it did improve it slightly, the pulsing isn't quite so violent.

Also I'm not sure if it's related but the new needle seal made the needle quite tight and I had to undo the adjuster quite a bit to get it to slide properly.

Anyway long story short, pretty much every part replaced and I'm still having the same issue.

Is it time for a new brush??

Yours frustratedly

Stuart

Have you tried this brush on a different compressor, or tried a different brush on this compressor ?
You're fixated on it being an airbrush issue when it may not be......

Very true yes but I've tried my Chinese knock off brush on the same compressor and it works fine...

Stuart

Can you attach the badger to a different compressor at the same pressure ? With everything you've changed on the brush, you're running out of options other than to send it to ken or bin it and buy again

Have you checked the air valve might have something in it ?or you might have some water in the hose also

I haven't got another compressor but I can check it out on my mates one and see how it goes.

Air valve and moisture trap are clear, will disconnect the air hose and check it out

I'll double check it again and see what it's like, it's the one bit I didn't pay all that much attention to

Folks thank you all for your help so far. I've done a bit more tinkering and replacing as follows

New tip
New crown
New needle
Stripped completely and cleaned extra carefully
Rear section of the brush cleaned and checked for obstruction
New needle bearing seal

These all had no effect.

Then I replaced the hold down ring. This didn't solve the issue, I'm still having the same trouble, however it did improve it slightly, the pulsing isn't quite so violent.

Also I'm not sure if it's related but the new needle seal made the needle quite tight and I had to undo the adjuster quite a bit to get it to slide properly.

Anyway long story short, pretty much every part replaced and I'm still having the same issue.

Is it time for a new brush??

Yours frustratedly

Stuart

Its not necessarily time for a new brush, have you tried to contact Ken at all, he doesn't come on here as much as he used to but his email address is somewhere on the forum but I'm sure one of the other members will get it to you if you can't find it.

I've had a look through the forum to try to find what compressor you but can't find, however, if your compressor doesn't have a tank or has a very small one it could be possible that that may be causing your pulsing, assuming your compressor is a membrane model, I have a small cheap compressor with a three litre tank which does cause pulsing over 25 psi because at that pressure it runs constantly.

Another possibility, we had a member a while back who had an issue with air being too low and also had pulsing, theven problem in that case turned out to be the the rubber seal in the airhose where it attached to the gun was restricting the air valve needle travel, the solution was the addition of an external mac valve, this is easy enough to check by just looking at the rubber ring to see if it has been flattened.

But if you cane get a hold of Ken or the Badger support team, they will take it over for you.

I will email Ken thank you. I have a badger 1100 compressor with a tank and it doesn't run constantly. I will check the airline and also the moisture trap / fittings etc and I will email Ken as well.

Thank you for all your help guys. Frustrated but carrying on!

Stuart

So it looks like the issue was the mount for the tip, it was wider than it should have been. Badger then replaced it no questions asked! Spot on, amazing service!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back