Badger Krome Vs. Iwata Micron Cm-C+

Mr.Micron

Royal pain in the air hose
Staff member
Admin
Well Being I have had ample time to compare the two I feel it is time for everyone to hear my opinion on the two.

First off I will start with Build , Thought put into each airbrush.
Needle Stops.... From day one I have hated the needle stop on the Micron. It always comes out while painting .
I now know why some pros have masking tape on the end of their Microns ,To hold the needle stop in place.

But the needle stop on the Krome has a small and simple fix that Iwata should take note of. An O-ring , It keeps the Needle stop in place perfectly while in use.

Next Item I really Love on the Krome it the auxiliary level . Badger put thought into this piece , It comes up above the airbrush body and has a slide that ride on the trigger. Making removal and re-installing it easy.
Where as the Micron it is break out the Tweezers to get the piece back in .
Trigger movement is about the same on both brushes . But the Krome seem to have a better feel to it.

Regulator /Crown Cap. The Krome has two different regulator/Crown cap style , One with two protective prongs and one with out. I prefer the one without better being I am more use to spraying that way with the Micron.
But the cool thing is you have a choice.

Spraying those really tight line . Well you would be hard pressed to tell a difference both can pull some really micro lines. Both fade and blend nice and soft.

I do like the distance from the trigger to the cup better on the Krome , But that is just cause I have big hands. or mechanic hands as the wife calls them.

Granted when I first got the Micron I hated the mac valve but than got use to having it. With the Krome no mac valve but I did buy one to attach to the air valve and all is well.

Dollar for dollar Go Krome...
Krome-----Nozzle / Needle and regulator about 30 bucks plus shipping.
Micron Head assembly and needle about 144 bucks plus shipping.
So best bang for the buck I have to give this one to Badger.
Plus the fact you get both the .2 and .3 set up with the Krome
and the Micron you have to buy either the .23 or .18 depending on which model you buy.

I really did not expect to be as impressed with the Krome as I am just wish I had learned that before buying the Micron...
Oh well I still love the Micron CM-C+ and now love the Krome too..

So Hats off to Ken and his crew for designing one outstanding airbrush..

For those who do not own a Krome Buy one you will love it.

So the krome club is justified! Thanks Mr Micron, well I say Mr Micron do I now call you Mr Krome?

So the krome club is justified! Thanks Mr Micron, well I say Mr Micron do I now call you Mr Krome?

Neither ... My Name is Herb......you can call me that..

But strictly attitude calls me Mr. Mikrome....LMAO

A fair comparison.

My final analysis was that I would NOT take a krome for free. Literally.

I don't care if the nozzle assembly was 25 cents... it wouldn't do what I wanted. Cost is not the issue. There's alot more to just doing fine lines and fades.

So not everybody will love or loved their krome.

My Iwata cm-c + is like getting the cheat codes to a test. It made airbrushing life so much better and less frustrating. But, I also didn't like both of my cm-sb's I bought. Both used, but in great shape. Neither performed like the cm-c+. Etac paint in my micron is a dream.

A fair comparison.

My final analysis was that I would NOT take a krome for free. Literally.

I don't care if the nozzle assembly was 25 cents... it wouldn't do what I wanted. Cost is not the issue. There's alot more to just doing fine lines and fades.

So not everybody will love or loved their krome.

My Iwata cm-c + is like getting the cheat codes to a test. It made airbrushing life so much better and less frustrating. But, I also didn't like both of my cm-sb's I bought. Both used, but in great shape. Neither performed like the cm-c+. Etac paint in my micron is a dream.

I agree Bossman.
But I was trying to make an unbiased opinion , listing my likes and dislikes on both.
Also giving those on a tight budget an option .
But you and I both know it is not the tool the make the artist it is the artist who makes the tool .
And to some cost is the main issue.

Well said!! Its almost like you copied and pasted my review, lol!! I can see bossmans point of view, some may not like it, but i for sure would rather spend 100 bucks to find out i didn't like it,than 600 on the micron. Some people are just not ready for such a small needle and nozzle set up, or they are not good enough at thinning paint which will also make you not like them....even a micron. In the end its personal preference and the only thing that i know for certain is that since the first time i pushed down for air and pulled back for paint, my art has not suffered or lacked in any way since i picked up the krome. To me it says a lot that i could use the micron for so long and pick up a krome and get the same results and confidence from the beginning. But that is just my view ;)

Josh
Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Treat today as a gift, because that's why they call it "THE PRESENT!"

Does the Krome also work fairy breath? Mine, although a SB, hardly needs air to work. I still want a Krome though, who doesn't.

So when will KOC, Krome Owners Club, be established.

Do you think a person who has never used a micron, ( and doesn't have experience with that small set up) , could pick up a Krome and get the same amazing results? Both of you (Herb and Josh) have used a micron before, do you think it would be harder for someone else?

I know it's the artist that makes the tool great, but if ever get the opportunity to buy one, do you think I will be dissapointed that I am not suddenlly producing awesome art? I keep telling myself that I might be better if I could get finer detail, (though I know it's my lack of skill rather than my hp - cs) hence my longing for a micron. The Krome seems to be comparable from what everyone has said, but I just wonder how much is down to skill and experience, and how much is down to the gun itself. I really respect your views, so would love to know what you think.

Does the Krome also work fairy breath? Mine, although a SB, hardly needs air to work. I still want a Krome though, who doesn't.

So when will KOC, Krome Owners Club, be established.

I went down to 2 PSI last night and it sprayed perfect. But I am not sure what PSI are you talking about as fairy breath?

Do you think a person who has never used a micron, ( and doesn't have experience with that small set up) , could pick up a Krome and get the same amazing results? Both of you (Herb and Josh) have used a micron before, do you think it would be harder for someone else?

I know it's the artist that makes the tool great, but if ever get the opportunity to buy one, do you think I will be dissapointed that I am not suddenlly producing awesome art? I keep telling myself that I might be better if I could get finer detail, (though I know it's my lack of skill rather than my hp - cs) hence my longing for a micron. The Krome seems to be comparable from what everyone has said, but I just wonder how much is down to skill and experience, and how much is down to the gun itself. I really respect your views, so would love to know what you think.

Squishy , Yes you could pick it up with out a problem. You have been at it long enough that you will see a huge difference over your CS.
I think you will surprise yourself if you get one.

2 is very low. I was talking of about 5psi. Impressive.

I think the Krome will be the best class room gun. You fit the .3 set up WITH the 2 prong nozzle cap for the beginner classes and the advance can use the .2 also with pronged cap. I don't think you should give students an open needle. Then you only need one set of guns for the whole range of students.

2 is very low. I was talking of about 5psi. Impressive.

I think the Krome will be the best class room gun. You fit the .3 set up WITH the 2 prong nozzle cap for the beginner classes and the advance can use the .2 also with pronged cap. I don't think you should give students an open needle. Then you only need one set of guns for the whole range of students.

Yes I agree with you on a great student brush ,
I wanted to see just how low I could take the PSI and just how fine it would go. At 5 Psi this thing shot great.

Back