Badger Matrix - Gravity,side and bottom feed brush

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
I was checking youtube while drinking my coffee and I found out this video:

This brush looks interesting.

Thayer Chandler was another American airbrush maker that closed their doors in the 90's. Badger purchased the name. Most of the models that they continue to make were brushes that they were making for TC anyway, or at least shared a common parts supplier. They are for all practical purposes Badger brushes with a different name on them. Now, prior to the 80's, well that was a whole 'nother story ;)

Thayer Chandler was another American airbrush maker that closed their doors in the 90's. Badger purchased the name. Most of the models that they continue to make were brushes that they were making for TC anyway, or at least shared a common parts supplier. They are for all practical purposes Badger brushes with a different name on them. Now, prior to the 80's, well that was a whole 'nother story ;)
can you tell more about prior to the 80's?

here is some light reading - http://www.airbrushmuseum.com/airbrush_history_chicago1.htm

I have Model A's that date back to the early 40's, and working on finding 20's and 30's in decent shape. They are fantastic, little brushes. One of my A's, dated 1957, is one of the sweetest brushes I own (I've got a few brushes). Nice, thin lines, and really smooth atomization - super trigger feel, an adjustable spray regulator for fine tuning performance.

thayer model a.jpg

here is some light reading - http://www.airbrushmuseum.com/airbrush_history_chicago1.htm

I have Model A's that date back to the early 40's, and working on finding 20's and 30's in decent shape. They are fantastic, little brushes. One of my A's, dated 1957, is one of the sweetest brushes I own (I've got a few brushes). Nice, thin lines, and really smooth atomization - super trigger feel, an adjustable spray regulator for fine tuning performance.

View attachment 53106
Thanks for all the info. I am going to read that history now. My coffee is ready. lol

Back