Badger Needle Juice is sticky?

V

VikingNerd

Has anyone used the Badger needle juice before? I put some on my needles, and after not painting for a few days I came back to my AB and the previously oily needle juice had congealed into a sticky residue. I had to pull my needles out and wipe them down with alcohol to clean them up. Not sure if anyone has had that problem. May switch to a different lubricant at some point if it happens again. Scared ot put it back on my needle. *snicker* "Needle Juice"

I have been using it for years. It sounds like you put too much on. It really only requires a little bit and even then I wipe some off.

I've found that both Needle Juice and Iwata SuperLube do the same thing. I use to put it on my needle prior to putting my stuff away, but it would crust up after sitting for a while. I now put my stuff away squeaky clean and apply just a dab on the needle just prior to painting. When it gums up on your needle bearing, you will get somewhat inconsistent trigger control.

I've found that both Needle Juice and Iwata SuperLube do the same thing. I use to put it on my needle prior to putting my stuff away, but it would crust up after sitting for a while. I now put my stuff away squeaky clean and apply just a dab on the needle just prior to painting. When it gums up on your needle bearing, you will get somewhat inconsistent trigger control.
thanks for the advice gang. I was a little worried about it sticking up in the bearing last night and ran a little extra alcohol through the brush and it was smooth after that. I will probably have to do as Jagardn says since I tend to not have time to paint every day.

This is what I use I clean my brush pull the needle out put a drop on my index finger pinch my thumb and index finger together and then put my needle between my fingers and just run the needle around a bit then back in the gun it goes. Have had no problems at all doing this.: Anest Iwata Spray Gun Lube

Attachments

• spraygunlube.jpg
    spraygunlube.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
Did you try and contact badger to see if they can shed any light on the problem. They are quite good at communication.

I maybe wrong but I thought the needle juice was put on before you use it to help with tip dry. At least that is what I remember from a badger video I watched.

Mine is also like you mentioned. I now use very little at a time as mentioned and also stopped using it on the needle shaft. Mine also has an old oil smell.

Back