Badger Spirt

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I have bought a badger spirt but I do have a question or two.

First the brush is working really well with very little tip dry. But I do struggle to clean it with a cotton bud.
the two prong tip crown/cap is to thin in it's opening the bud doesn't reach the needle, Also I have just cut my finger nails and I can't pinch the needle to remove tip dry. What would you suggest I use. I've tried a small paint brush but it maybe reaching the needle but not removing all the tip dry, (no friction)

Also I have notice the finish on the two prong crown is not polished to a hi-spec that I've come to expect with my airbrush's I know this as when I first used a cotton bud I had to remove bits of cotton that had snagged on the crown and shock the needle.

with the needle I expect there is a small bend on it but I'm going to Southampton at the weekend so I may try and buy a sharpen Air I do have a replacement needle I can use. Really nice brush to use and I quite like the coating as it doesn't seem to slip around in my had as much as the Iwata.

I have also read today that water based Acrylic is one of the hardest paints to use I suppose it's because it's thin and manly water. I know it spiders if your not 100% in control or paying attention blink and it a spider lol

James

James, I have cut a small cube from a cheap foam sponge and just mist it with non-ammonia window cleaner to clear tip-dry. Poke the end of the brush against the sponge and squeeze with my fingers. Easy-Peasy! :)

Realy fast and a good tip thank you.

If i was to polish the crown my self with a slow dremel what grinder tip would you/me use ??
Beginner-James

The finishes on the Badger brushes is a bit lagging compared to most others... is what it is. They make a different regulator cap for the front, that has no pongs, and completely exposes the needle. I prefer this one, as I tend to always drag the prongs on my work. You do have to be careful with the exposed needle, but I normally work with needle caps removed on any brush that has one that can be removed, so really - no different.

I did a little work with the Spirit a bit back - info can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/1063587837080137/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1229659387139647

I have bought a badger spirt but I do have a question or two.

First the brush is working really well with very little tip dry. But I do struggle to clean it with a cotton bud.
the two prong tip crown/cap is to thin in it's opening the bud doesn't reach the needle, Also I have just cut my finger nails and I can't pinch the needle to remove tip dry. What would you suggest I use. I've tried a small paint brush but it maybe reaching the needle but not removing all the tip dry, (no friction)

Also I have notice the finish on the two prong crown is not polished to a hi-spec that I've come to expect with my airbrush's I know this as when I first used a cotton bud I had to remove bits of cotton that had snagged on the crown and shock the needle.

with the needle I expect there is a small bend on it but I'm going to Southampton at the weekend so I may try and buy a sharpen Air I do have a replacement needle I can use. Really nice brush to use and I quite like the coating as it doesn't seem to slip around in my had as much as the Iwata.

I have also read today that water based Acrylic is one of the hardest paints to use I suppose it's because it's thin and manly water. I know it spiders if your not 100% in control or paying attention blink and it a spider lol

James
Whereabouts in Southampton would you buy a Sharpenair? Am I missing an airbrush store relatively close to me? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both shop are closed on Saturday is there any airbrush shops in Southampton that are open Saturday/Sunday
Beginner-James
Not that I know of. If it helps Airbrushes.com is a good hour from Southampton and wouldn’t have been easy to get to.

Not that I know of. If it helps Airbrushes.com is a good hour from Southampton and wouldn’t have been easy to get to.

Is it actually a walk in shop or just online sales, I clicked on their "opening hours" and it just took me to their contact formo_O

I would assume if it was open to face to face customers Saturday woukd be their busiest day

Is it actually a walk in shop or just online sales, I clicked on their "opening hours" and it just took me to their contact formo_O

I would assume if it was open to face to face customers Saturday woukd be their busiest day
It’s primarily an internet based business. But Monday to Friday you can walk in and have a good nose round the warehouse. They’re very nice people and pretty much leave you to it. They also run classes out of the same location, but it always surprises me that they’re not open on Saturdays.

It’s primarily an internet based business. But Monday to Friday you can walk in and have a good nose round the warehouse. They’re very nice people and pretty much leave you to it. They also run classes out of the same location, but it always surprises me that they’re not open on Saturdays.

It's crazy not to open in a Saturday, I reckon 90% of people at least have full time jobs and can only shop in person on a Saturday or Sunday, some folks if their like me woukd rather see what they want to buy in person, I mean there are some that photos and a lack of info don't justify buying online, there plenty of art shops where I live where I can try out pencils, lol at and get the feel of paint brushes and feel papers and such, as well as ask advice there and then without the need for a series of emails or phone calls, on top of this I can't get out of these shops without actually buying something, but I can close a browser without a second glance.

It's crazy not to open in a Saturday, I reckon 90% of people at least have full time jobs and can only shop in person on a Saturday or Sunday, some folks if their like me woukd rather see what they want to buy in person, I mean there are some that photos and a lack of info don't justify buying online, there plenty of art shops where I live where I can try out pencils, lol at and get the feel of paint brushes and feel papers and such, as well as ask advice there and then without the need for a series of emails or phone calls, on top of this I can't get out of these shops without actually buying something, but I can close a browser without a second glance.
I agree Mate, I’ve always thought it was weird. I know that every time I’ve walked in there I’ve walked out with more than I thought I was going in for.
I think the only reason could be that their main business is supplying Iwata products to the rest of the U.K. Possibly they see the paint and stuff as a good add on, but not the main focus. It’s a decent size premises and they’ve been there a while, so something is working for them

Agreed, @Malky. Nothing quite like shopping in an actual shop! I have the same problem. Exiting an online store without getting something is easy [aside from those of us with AAD:whistling:]. Exiting an actual art store? Near impossible!

Agreed, @Malky. Nothing quite like shopping in an actual shop! I have the same problem. Exiting an online store without getting something is easy [aside from those of us with AAD:whistling:]. Exiting an actual art store? Near impossible!

If I go into a shop in person and pick something up I generally struggle to put it back and end up paying for instead, even if it's something I don't actually need, my brain tells me I do or will need it, but about 50% of what I buy has never been used at all (YET)lol

I have a tendency to always buy, blades, erasers, graphite pencils and water colour pencils and just about any of the sundry items used for both airbrushing and my graphite drawing, last week I bought I bought tiny 0000 and 00 paint brushes which will get used when I try a Jurek style painting in the future, I also bought a new clutch pencil for fibre glass refills which I don't need at all since the one I already have have doesn't get used that much, I bought a colour wheel too for no reason other than it looked prettylol

ooo... colour wheels... hypnotic they are :confused: I've [also] got a weakness for art paper pads.:rolleyes: Most of it, I'm afraid, isn't useful for airbrushing unless coated with a sealer of some sort. The grandkids will very likely poach much of it during the holidays, I'm sure. The granddaughter is a terror. Got her Dad wrapped around her pinky finger, right where she wants him:malicious:lol. He already knows he's in for it too. Got 5 more years until she's a teen...:evil:
Grandkids are what makes surviving parenthood so satisfying... lollollollol

Back