Badger UK dealers

C

corky

Hi could anybody advise me where i can buy spares from for my BADGER RENEGADE KROME somewhere in the UK, Im new to airbrushing and i've damaged the needle seal adjuster and seal, part number R-0023, also when i get my hands on one what is the best way of setting it up. Thanks for any advice given

Corky

Corky,

How do you get on with the Renegade Krome ? I have already been thinking about getting a 'proper' airbrush and for some reason I keep looking at the Badger range, the Krome certainly seems capable of very fine detail.

i think they do have a bit of an issue with loosening off, with my velocity after only a couple of cleans, paint started flowing in the back of the brush, had to tighten it quite a way to get it to A:grip the needle and b:stop paint flowing, think the seals are easily chewed up.... should be able to get another part from either of the places above though mate

I think this is one of the most sensible part of the Krome and should not be adjusted if one don't know what he is doing. When i received mine i had some issues where the needle was too tight and would not return completely (instantly to be exact) upon trigger release. I was advised by Ken to unscrew this part to loosen it a bit. I did manage to unscrew it just 1mm counter clockwise and then screw it back but not tight. Lube the needle and it was all fine. Used the brush with the tip pointing up with food coloring which is very thin and did not suffer from paint leaking.
Now to replace yours, you need to carefully remove the damaged piece and use a toothpick to position the new one and if the toothpick holds the piece tight enough, you can even screw it in place then use a precision screw driver (like those used for glasses) and put it completely in place.
Good luck :)

Thanks for the advice I’ve been in contact with the suppliers unfortunately they don't stock them but can get them from America taking few weeks for delivery. The reason I damaged the seal was because it was letting paint through but I tightened it up too much so the needle wouldn't go through it, I them released it off again but when I began to use it that’s when the problems began the paint was pulsing, I then tried the bigger needle in with the same result, I've been messing with it again today with very fine adjustments with a positive result NO more pulsing, I’m still going to order one from the States and keep it as a spare, because unfortunately I can't help myself but mess with things I no nothing about, at least now I know not to over tighten the seal. On the plus side no more paint passes through the needle seal.

Message for Beanpoleuk
This is my first airbrush I've only been practicing but yes even with my skills you can get very fine lines with it, I use spectra tex paint which runs smooth through the gun, If you post a thread on this forum there are a lot of experienced people on here that would give you some sound advice.

Corky

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice I’ve been in contact with the suppliers unfortunately they don't stock them but can get them from America taking few weeks for delivery. The reason I damaged the seal was because it was letting paint through but I tightened it up too much so the needle wouldn't go through it, I them released it off again but when I began to use it that’s when the problems began the paint was pulsing, I then tried the bigger needle in with the same result, I've been messing with it again today with very fine adjustments with a positive result NO more pulsing, I’m still going to order one from the States and keep it as a spare, because unfortunately I can't help myself but mess with things I no nothing about, at least now I know not to over tighten the seal. On the plus side no more paint passes through the needle seal.

Message for Beanpoleuk
This is my first airbrush I've only been practicing but yes even with my skills you can get very fine lines with it, I use spectra tex paint which runs smooth through the gun, If you post a thread on this forum there are a lot of experienced people on here that would give you some sound advice.

Corky

Corky,

I'm surprised Barwell didn't have the part your looking for. Try www.intl-trade.eu They're in Germany and can get it to you in the UK.

Ir if you want to wait a few days Corky email me to kenbadger@aol.com with your address and I'll post you a replacement seal when I get back from Germany on Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corky,

I'm surprised Barwell didn't have the part your looking for. Try www.intl-trade.eu They're in Germany and can get it to you in the UK.

Ir if you want to wait a few days Corky email me to kenbadger@aol.com with your address and I'll post you a replacement seal when I get back from Germany on Tuesday.

Thanks Ken
I'll try them tomorrow and I will let you know what they say the airbrush has improved but not yet 100% so if I can get a replacement I will Change it.

Thanks again
Corky

Back