Badger, Universal 360: air leak with water bubbles

D

Dart Vader

Greetings everyone,

The Universal 360 was my first AB. Owned this since early September 2012. I have the Fine needle and tip assembly attached.
From the start I was following the recommendations from a friend on how to clean my AB "properly" after each use. This always involved completely disassembling the AB and placing all parts into water to prevent drying of paint as I clean each piece with the various size pipe cleaning brushes. After completing the cleaning process I would use a paper towel to dry all parts before reassembling the brush.

I mostly use this as a gravity feed even though the color cup is quite small. However, I still have the following issues regardless of using the gravity feed, or siphon feed functions.
Now when I start a new project I get watery air bubbles spewing forth from between the head cap and the AB body/shell.
Although I am still very new to airbrushing, this development does concern me as it appears to be an air pressure leak.
I am hoping to hear from any owners of the Universal 360 so we can compare individual experiences.

While we are here...
The following concerns may just be my lack of experience and knowledge.
Occasional watery spattering from the tip. I do have a regulator/filter attached directly to my comp with the AB air hose next in line.
Intermittent spray: Occasionally I will need to pull further back on the trigger just to get the same amount of spray as I did a moment before. Rarely I will need to pull back full throttle to get the paint moving again. I frequently check the needle tip for paint dry and (oh so gently) clear that with a small soft wet brush.

If anyone has their own experiences to add then I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.
Thank you.

No need to do dis-assembly for cleaning if you follow steps outlined here: http://www.badgerairbrush.com/PDF/UltimateAirbrush101final.pdf

please check to make sure your spray regulator is snugly turned on to the airbrush. if it is and there's still bubbling, access the paint tip and carefully inspect it to make sure ther is not a hair-line split in the tip. a mis-aligned spray regulator or split tip are common causes of bubbling in your color reservoir - and these concerns are often brough on by unnecessary dis-assembly and re-assembly. If you have ongoing concerns, please email me directly to kenbadger@aol.com

oops - my bad, after rereading your post - the bubbling you are seeing is the result of the finger tight tolerancing of the 360. you may have some cleaner/liquid between the nozzle threads and as air will slightly leak at these connections it will cause the bubbling you are seeing. as long as it is not effecting the airbrush's spray performance you're fine. to eliminate the bubbling just make sure all threads are dry before re-assembling the nozzle, and keep any cleaner/liquid clear of the thread seams during airbrush use.

oops - my bad, after rereading your post - the bubbling you are seeing is the result of the finger tight tolerancing of the 360. you may have some cleaner/liquid between the nozzle threads and as air will slightly leak at these connections it will cause the bubbling you are seeing. as long as it is not effecting the airbrush's spray performance you're fine. to eliminate the bubbling just make sure all threads are dry before re-assembling the nozzle, and keep any cleaner/liquid clear of the thread seams during airbrush use.

Thank you Ken.

Back