Badger velocity

T

Trails007

So I got a new badger velocity brush about a month back. Been having a great time learning the basics. I'm mostly painting miniatures for tabletop war games. I'm also trying painting some pictures and adding a skull to my daughters Halloween cape.

I live in Cambridge ont and was wondering where to buy supplies? Any good places for paint and brush parts?

agreed! great brush, build up the trigger10mm, cut a loop and half off of spring and seal all threads with teflon tape and it handles like a dream, so much more control!

That's where I got my brush and supplies so far. Just costs a lot to ship over the boarder. Most of the art stores I visit that sell only carry specific brushes and a few supplies. Going to keep looking

litterally just find something that fits your finger nicely, those rubber bits that stop your cupboard doors slamming are quite nice, also the foam packing you get with airbrush case is quite dense and nice. cut it to shape you want and glue it on..... just type trigger mod in the search bar on front page and you will see what others have done!!

How do you build up the trigger?

Use a hot glue gun and put a drop on the trigger, shape it as it cools and keep doing so until its your desired height. That how I did mine and even put an impression for my finger so it moulded right to it, that way no one can use my brush unless they have my exact fingerprint and finger size, lol!! It makes me feel like a spy, lol!! Seriously though it makes it perfect a perfect fit!

Josh

Ive done what ad fez was talking about, the cork pads for my cabinet doors, they work nice, but what Ive been using lately I found at WalMart, its black (soft) rubber like a soft cushion. They come in 4 x 6 rectangles and have adhesive on one side. I tooks the triggers off all my guns and laid them on the pad and traced around them, cut them out with the xacto knife and they work pretty well! Theyre actually pads made to stick to the bottom of your furniture to keep them from sliding around on hardwood floors.

I never thought about hot glue, I bet that would work pretty well!!!

Ok I was waiting for the reply to weld a spot on the trigger pin for the extra 10 mm. This seems like something ill try. Might use silly putty just to see how the extra feels before trying something more permanent. Thanks for the feedback.

thats the idea! in one of my threads I blue tacked a sweet (candy) to my trigger, worked nice till my finger sweated

Use a hot glue gun and put a drop on the trigger, shape it as it cools and keep doing so until its your desired height. That how I did mine and even put an impression for my finger so it moulded right to it, that way no one can use my brush unless they have my exact fingerprint and finger size, lol!! It makes me feel like a spy, lol!! Seriously though it makes it perfect a perfect fit!

Josh

This is my Eclipse build up with hot glue. It is only about 3mm but it makes a world of a difference. It actually came loose the other day. I just dabbed a drop of craft glue on the trigger and placed the "extension" back in place. The next time I will make a better pad. I will actually wrap some hot glue around the bottom of the trigger head.

iwata_02_sml.jpg

This is my Eclipse build up with hot glue. It is only about 3mm but it makes a world of a difference. It actually came loose the other day. I just dabbed a drop of craft glue on the trigger and placed the "extension" back in place. The next time I will make a better pad. I will actually wrap some hot glue around the bottom of the trigger head.

View attachment 5863

Lol, where do you think I learned this trick!! Mine is the exact same ;)

Josh

Here is a demo by Ashley Brayson.

[video=youtube;e_odjK3ZLKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_odjK3ZLKo&feature=plcp[/video]

Back