Ball Point Pen Grips...........another use

G

gordon enquist

A lot of ball point pens now have a rubbery kind of comfort grip. With a bit of force they come off. I have found that by sliding these grips to the tail end of my airbrushes adds a bit "drag" onto my hand and I am less inclined to fumble with my shiny, slippery, chromed friends. Some come in cute colors which may be of benefit to those who have more than one brush in use. As soon as the green ink is done that grip will get a new home. Also I am showing how the silicone buttons look before installed onto the trigger tops. My Paasche VL missing in the line up as its' trigger is very domed in shape and button won't stick..........
DSC_0416 (640x456).jpg DSC_0417 (640x290).jpg DSC_0418 (640x403).jpg DSC_0419 (640x383).jpg

nice little tip ! I've been trying to figure out how I can add more 'padding' to the air valve stem, its just a little thin to hold comfortably. I might have to try this on the 'stem' and see what happens.

Great idea, im going to try this where the air hose meets the valve, I find that metal grates my precious skin hands

nice little tip ! I've been trying to figure out how I can add more 'padding' to the air valve stem, its just a little thin to hold comfortably. I might have to try this on the 'stem' and see what happens.

Wrap electrical tape around it. It comes in different widths (so you can probably match the width to the stem length easily), and is ductile so it'll conform to the shape of the stem without wrinkling or creating voids, and you can control the thickness precisely to taste.

Maybe not classy looking, but can be quite neat/clean if you care to make it so.

Back