Bambi compressor

Evening Cordyk,

Well acting on your advice I now own a Bambi BB24V compressor and the difference is amazing, although the current one I own comes with a 2.5ltr tank the air compressor motor still comes on frequently to top-up the tank, bigger the better they say.
Super quiet and the only thing that reminds me it's there is when the pressure switch kicks in which if you're airbrushing in silence can make you jump so careful you don't make mistakes.
The company I bought it from the chap kindly delivered it for free as he only lives down the road from me, setting it up with oil and connector for the airhose.
I connect my 3mtr straight hose to the coiled hose attached to the compressor, took a little while to setup the air pressure to suit paint and airbrush (I have the Harder and Steenbeck Evolution range) gravity and suction feed types.
Looking forward to many hours airbrushing, would have posted picture but there an error saying I need to post a few more times before I'm granted this.
Anyway might give it another try tonight before it gets too late.

Regards,
Carl

Evening Cordyk,

Well acting on your advice I now own a Bambi BB24V compressor and the difference is amazing, although the current one I own comes with a 2.5ltr tank the air compressor motor still comes on frequently to top-up the tank, bigger the better they say

Regards,
Carl

That's great news Carl, I love mine, it's amazing how much more confidence you gain from good kit. Your spot on about when it starts again after being so quiet...scared the crap out of me:).
Glad your enjoying it mate now you can have many sweet hours ABing:)

yeah, a noisy compressor can totally destroy your concentration, sometimes i got so irritated i would kick the damn thing, got to have silence

I just ordered one from the website cordyk provided, the dutch version of the site is almost twice as expensive....kinda stupid that there is a difference of almost €300,- between the 2 sites for the exact same model.

The BB24V is €625,- here ( google for bambi compressor and then pick the dutch version of the site )

So for dutch members i can recommend to buy it on the link Cordyk provided....comes down to €338,- then

I just ordered one from the website cordyk provided, the dutch version of the site is almost twice as expensive....kinda stupid that there is a difference of almost €300,- between the 2 sites for the exact same model.

The BB24V is €625,- here ( google for bambi compressor and then pick the dutch version of the site )

So for dutch members i can recommend to buy it on the link Cordyk provided....comes down to €338,- then

Well the above mentioned amount doesn't seem to be correct anymore, after some mail communications i found out that the actual price is €553,- but is still almost €75,- cheaper then in the Netherlands. Price is built up like this,

BB24V compressor = €338,-
Shipping Costs = €125,-
VAT tax (B.T.W.) = €90,- ( over the compressor and shipping costs )

Say hello to Bambi!!! Out with old in and in with the new:) I'm as happy as the proverbial pig in excrement! Now I can get down to some serious ABing......yeah baby!View attachment 2212

Hiya Cordyk,

Just out of curiosity....how long did it take to arrive after ordering it, since i also ordered one last Friday...and as of now i did not get a confirming email that they send it to me (impatient as i am). I just cant wait for it to get busy with this one also....so its a big question to me when i will be able to get my hands on it....considering it has to come to the Netherlands,but i was told its a 3 to 4 working day delivery.

Alex

Hello Alex , yeah mine was a 3-4 day delivery and like you I did not get a confirming email until I asked for one!! Then I asked which courier was delivering and they told me who and when, that should have been commen pratice from the off really as you are spending a lot of money!
Are you getting it from the same company as i did?

Kev

Yeah used your link for ordering...been in contact with a guy called Nick Clark. Exactly, once spend this much money you would like to be kept up to date ( to prevent the feeling creep up to you that you're being screwed ) The payment completed Sunday night....its Tuesday now....i mailed him again if i can get an estimate on arrival but he only said he will mail me as soon he got a tracking number. After how many days did they send the email to you after asking for it? Another day has past and guess what....still no email for me.
Wish they would at least let me know if they already shipped it to me....kinda gonna need it this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally after some persisting i receive a Tracking ID today....big relieve to my side,cause i don't like to be left in the dark. Especially when slightly less then a third of my salary is involved. At least now i know its on the move.

Well finally i received my new compressor this morning....it looks pretty impressive ( cant say this yet about the usage since...dumb as i am forgot to order the right electrical converter from UK to European ) Quickly ordered one this morning and if all goes well i can start using it by tomorrow. Wish i would have thought about it earlier,been waiting all week already for the compressor and could have tried it out today if i wasn't practicing for a part in an eventual sequel on Dumb & Dumber.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I read this thread as this Bambi is exactly the one I was planning to buy to replace my AB186.
The AB appears to be quiet when it's first switched on but the 3 litre tank empties a bit quickly and the compressor is constantly kicking in to keep up.
The more it runs the louder it seems to be and drives me totally up the wall after an hour.
So, as the Bambi seems to have a lot of friends I think I'll be giving one a good home very soon.
The only reason I can find as to why it's called a Bambi is because it's a little dear ...... sorry.

I'm glad I read this thread as this Bambi is exactly the one I was planning to buy to replace my AB186.
The AB appears to be quiet when it's first switched on but the 3 litre tank empties a bit quickly and the compressor is constantly kicking in to keep up.
The more it runs the louder it seems to be and drives me totally up the wall after an hour.
So, as the Bambi seems to have a lot of friends I think I'll be giving one a good home very soon.
The only reason I can find as to why it's called a Bambi is because it's a little dear ...... sorry.

Good to hear mate, I've had mine a few months now and have no complaints, great piece of kit and worth the money....a little dear..ha ha like it:)

Good to hear mate, I've had mine a few months now and have no complaints, great piece of kit and worth the money....a little dear..ha ha like it:)

Just ordered a Bambi BB24V.
I've been advised that it will be delivered to me by Wednesday.
Can't wait :)

Nice one Steve you won't be disappointed, mine arrived on a well packaged pallet and was a bit bigger than I expected but well made...bit like the misses:)

Bambi has arrived :smile-new:
What a lovely piece of kit.
It fits nice and neatly under my work bench.
Managed to do a whole sheet of dots without the motor kicking in and when it did it was like a fridge running.
I can actually listen to music while I paint now.
Really glad I bought one of these.
I am now in airbrush heaven :love-struck:

Result..my lovely misses has finally realised that my pissy little compressor is holding back my artistic talents:)! So after seeing me get frustrated with only 30 minutes of painting before it gets really hot, starts pulsing and generally p*##ing me off that she has said have an early fathers day/ Christmas pressie...yippee!!
Now I was looking around the 300/350 mark as I am still in the house in the spare room so has to be small/portable and quiet I found this

Bambi BB24V Silent Compressor – £ 260.00
24 litre air receiver 220-240 vac Output 50 litres/min (1.75 cfm) Max pressure 8 bar (116 psi) Filter 10 microns Regulator Gauge 0 – 8 bar Unit Weight 32 Kilos Unit Size (cm) 52h x 40w x 40d Free 3 Day Delivery within the UK – Next Day Delivery Option – £19.99
View attachment 2082

So what do you think guys n gals, best price I have seen for one of these, has anybody got one?

did you have to add vat on to that price, its coming out at 330 total, getting a bit pricey for me

did you have to add vat on to that price, its coming out at 330 total, getting a bit pricey for me

Yes I think I did mate, I remember thinking exactly the same as you,then rather deflated when I realised it was not including vat!! But believe me it is worth it, I now have my first commission which will almost pay for it so 'speculate to accumulate' my friend....at least that's what I told the mrs:)

I also bought the Bambi BB24V June last year, which took a big chunk out of my wallet....but i never regret it once. For the price you also get a excellent service to it....and since i am in the netherlands, in my case it was parts send to me to replace the broken part. About 3 weeks ago i wanted to start on something and i noticed i had a air leak somewhere. I found out that the elbow right above the air switch had a rip in it. So i mailed to Nick ( from Bambi ) and he send to me the elbow for free ( since i didn't know if i was able to get it here and wondering if it was still under warranty ) Once i received the elbow, i replaced the broken one with the new one....only to find out there still was a leak....somewhere. It was also coming from the Filter/ Regulator part. So i mailed again with Nick last Thursday. Today i received the Filter/Regulator part to replace the broken one also. And all still without any charge on my own expense, and the Filter/Regulator is not cheap either, it costs 80+ euro here new. So what i mean to say....you not only buy an excellent piece of equipment which will make you feel like a kid with a new toy.....but also the service on it is without a doubt excellent, from my point of view anyway.