Bambi setting up question

C

christina

Hello,

Completely new to this forum and really looking for help.

I got a Bambi oil free HT series aircompressor to use with an engraving machine and I have no idea how to set it up!

I have followed the instructions and have yet to successfully set the outflow pressure to the 3 bar required for my machine. I switch it on and the input pressure slowly goes up and up and up but the output pressure stays at 0......so I have to set it up to something first so it is actually producing an output to then monitor?

The machine I have is a very expensive and very sensitive one...I would not want to hook it all up just to test if the aircompressor eventually works.

[video=youtube;ktqyIAu8qkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktqyIAu8qkQ[/video]

Any heads up. I could really really need the help as I know its something stupid ans simple but my gravermax costs £1400 so cant risk breaking it!

Thanks
Christina

Hello again, just looked at your little vid, brilliant idea that for asking a question,
Ok...now you need to connect the output to the device you want to use,be it an airbrush or engraving machine via a hose, then when you turn the lever on the right hand side the air will go to the device and stop until you pull the trigger. You will be able to set the pressure to what ever you want.
The bottom dial will just show you the pressure in the tank and the top one is your operating pressure, yes the tube on the bottom is for draining the tank every now and then.
Hope that helps a bit, bit late on a Sunday night for me to do a little vid on mine without waking the misses:)

Hi Christina, i think the lower gauge shows the tank pressure, and the other one after the regulator is the output pressure. Since there is nothing connected i think
the output pressure is staying at zero cause there is too much airflow through the big outlet without connecting a gun or anything else on it. Try connecting a hose
and close the other side with the hand and see if the pressure goes up, or just put the hand over the outlet after the regulator. This is my opinion from here now, i might be
wrong, but have a try like i said.

Hello again, just looked at your little vid, brilliant idea that for asking a question,
Ok...now you need to connect the output to the device you want to use,be it an airbrush or engraving machine via a hose, then when you turn the lever on the right hand side the air will go to the device and stop until you pull the trigger. You will be able to set the pressure to what ever you want.
The bottom dial will just show you the pressure in the tank and the top one is your operating pressure, yes the tube on the bottom is for draining the tank every now and then.
Hope that helps a bit, bit late on a Sunday night for me to do a little vid on mine without waking the misses:)

LOL Cordyk was faster he replied while i still typed lol :)

You need to attach your hose to it first, the second gauge is your output gauge but you have it closed, when you open it the air just goes straight through because there is nothing attached to it, so all the air is simply escaping, once you attach the hose and some kind of tool you'll see the second gauge reading rise, you could use an old tool or seal the pipe without the tool.

Check your manual to see which direction the regulator knob should turn, once you know that turn it all the way down, then turn it gradually up with your tool attached, your machine will not be at risk, the pressure you see will be slightly higher than your actual working pressure, meaning when you use the tool the pressure will drop slightly.

You are all gems! This has been worrying me for days (not cause I thought something was up with it) but because I wanted to get on with work and still too scared to set up the machine without knowing what everything was...the instruction manual is ridiculous and is more about the upkeep of the Bambi.

I love the thought of you all racing to type this reply! You are all winners!
Cordyk, Stranger375, Madbrush

You are all gems! This has been worrying me for days (not cause I thought something was up with it) but because I wanted to get on with work and still too scared to set up the machine without knowing what everything was...the instruction manual is ridiculous and is more about the upkeep of the Bambi.

I love the thought of you all racing to type this reply! You are all winners!
Cordyk, Stranger375, Madbrush
lol, christina, i can see them now ,tripping over each other to get to their keyboards:joyous: but everyone on here is pretty helpful

Yeah Cordyk should be always the 1st to help since he is the moderator lol :)

Back