220-240 vac
Output 50 litres/min (1.75 cfm)
Max pressure 8 bar (116 psi)
Filter 10 microns
Regulator Gauge 0 – 8 bar
Unit Weight 32 Kilos
Unit Size (cm) 52h x 40w x 40d

360 euro

Is this brand new? As in the uk you can buy them new for less than that?

Its six months ago that I bought it... done the harley with it... that was it...

How much are they now... they prolly reduced the price now... especialy if they are not selling well.

Cheers
James

Nice compressors though, everything you need for airbrushing

I love this compressor.. when igot it... but the oil... tiny bits of it just keeps coming out onto the art work ruining everything... I cant understand why they recommended this one to me... especialy when it took me awhile to get the money together...

When the oil starts to come through... I need to keep cleaning the substrate/artwork... this causes lose of detail... and sometimes some paint comes away... this takes time to do (cleaning everything)...

I clean all parts and filter, drains and hose... this takes up more time... spending more time cleaning than creating art... very depressing 6 months I tell you... I dont know how I managed to finish the harley... and im close to finishing a guitar ive restarted due to paint coming away from the surface of the first effort... prolly caused by the oil:(

I miss airbrushing alot

James

Just imagine the amount of work I could have done in 6 months if this didnt happen... I contacted them about it and they recommend that I buy an oil coalescing filter... which would set me back around another 130 sterling... but I can get one of those here in Ireland for around 151 euros with free delivery... but im afraid that it may not realy tackle the problem and id be stuck with selling it anyways... its a bit upsetting at the mo

Cheers
James

It is very quite and the control you get from it is perfect for airbrushing... I dont even need the inline water filter I bought for the old one I got with my airbrush which use to fill about every 2 days... but I have it attached to my airbrush using the bambi because it makes holding the airbrush even more comfortable... but not a drop of water in the whole six month... only oil... :(

Isnt that a good one... hard to believe !!

James

I have the same compressor for almost 1,5 year now and i can't say that i ever had any of the problems you've had with it so far. The only problem i had with it was that i had some air loss in 2 locations and had some good service with me fixing the problem....i got the needed parts send to me free of charge after some emails with Nick from Bambi in the UK. But i can feel your pain there though and i am sorry that this happen to you.

It is very quite and the control you get from it is perfect for airbrushing... I dont even need the inline water filter I bought for the old one I got with my airbrush which use to fill about every 2 days... but I have it attached to my airbrush using the bambi because it makes holding the airbrush even more comfortable... but not a drop of water in the whole six month... only oil... :(

Isnt that a good one... hard to believe !!

James

You could fix your oil problem by adding an in-line oil filter between the compressor and the tank, someone else has had this same problem very recently, he was told by Bambi reps that that was normal because it's in the budget range and has less seals inside than the dearer models.

Having said that and no disrespect intended here, but when you try to sell something second hand it doesn't help your cause to criticise the item you wish to sell, telling everyone what's wrong with will only put them off or even worse you get plagued with ridiculous offers, therefore if this is your only problem with the compressor attach the filter and enjoy it instead of selling it.

Check out the other thread on this subject http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/oil-in-the-moisture-trap.11214/#post-156037

If it's 6 months old it should still be under warranty? The place who sold it to you should contact Bambi, who will probably want to test it themselves, and either fix or replace it. If they don't help, then tell them you will contact Bambi direct and tell them where you bought it, and will mention how uncooperative the shop was, and add how unimpressed the 5000+ members of the airbrush forum you belong to would be when you post about the situation. This will hopefully encourage them, and if it doesn't, then follow it through and contact Bambi

To be honest I'm not sure anyone would want to buy it with the problems you mention, as they wouldn't be able to use it either. They are great compressors and Bambi are a well respected company, so I would try to get the place you bought it from to deal with it, or as I said, contact them direct. It may take a while to resolve, but you would have a great compressor at the end.

Hi Sax'... thanks for the reply, I'm delighted you are not having the same problem as I am having. I know it is an excellent compressor... I just know it is!... Nick was the guy I delt with to... it was he who recommended it to me... I had contacted him a few times before I bought it and afterwards when I had the problem with oil... he recommended getting the Coalescer... but I'm wondering if this is going to solve the problem considering others are not having oil problems at all... plus it will set me back another 150 euros... thats a third of the full price of the bambi its self!!!... odd... I'm bamboozled to be honest.... there surely can't be anything wrong with it surely...

The first week I got it I done a painting on canvas... thats around 6 or 7 months ago... I gave it a wipe down the other day and the paint justgot smudged all over the painting... that ccouldn't be right, right?... in all my art days ive never came across that... I mean... once acrylic dries it dries and thats it... its fantastic paint... and continues to be as time goes... there's new aplications for it every year... that why I love it

I just dont know any more... its breakin me heart... havent done any airbrushin for months... with almost a thousand euros worth of equipment out in me studio....

Cheers
James

Sorry... didnt see the other posts... prolly there while replying...

I totally agree with you Madbrush... maybe I shouldn't have posted on here at all... only... I thought someone maybe interested in it for other things and not airbrushing... silly of me to think that really considering that this is an airbrushing forum...

I totally agree with you Madbrush... maybe I shouldn't have posted on here at all... only... I thought someone maybe interested in it for other things and not airbrushing... silly of me to think that really considering that this is an airbrushing forum...

You've done nothing wrong mate, I understand your disappointment with your Bambi, but replacing would cost a lot more than making it usable, if I had the money I would buy from you and make it do what it should.

In the other thread the owner explains how to empty oil from air tank, after that you can attach an oil filter like I mentioned, it doesn't have to be the dear thing you mentioned, you'd get a decent filter at a garage for about 10 quid, it just to be able to handle the pressure, after that you can enjoy your Bambi just as you intended, it's definitely worth a try.

Polybuilder - the idea that it behaves this way because its a budget product is pure crap. If that was the case there would have been a lot more of them like yours & that just doesn't seem to be the case. He's just trying to brush you off by saying you need to invest in an expensive add on. The fact is, its probably a defective unit (seal missing or gone inside allowing oil to filter through) & they don't want to deal with it. If I had the unit, I would be on to them in a major way. Its not up to you to buy add ons to make it work the way it should & if its still under warranty, I'd be contacting the manufacturer making arrangements to have that puppy shipped back for them to look after. just mho.

Nope... bambi are definitely not crap... it must be a defect then... I'll get in contact with them again tomorrow and see what happens... it was AirComps where I bought it from... well.. I seen it on Rheological... and when I clicked on a link there to buy thr bambi range I was redirected to AirComps... so... I may give both a call... see where it goes from there... I know the bambi are a great compressor

Thanks all for your help and advice... I'll keep yiz updated!

Cheers
James

wasn't saying product was crap - was saying what they were telling you was crap.

cheers