Beat a dead horse today...Createx paint

Joe T

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Bought some regular Createx airbrush paint and gave the Cameron Diaz a whirl...wow, what a train wreck. I struggled with trying to get fine lines and they always were so dark. It’s createx transparent black. After doing some reading after th fact I found out it’s probably the worse choice...grrrrrrrr. Should of went with wicked or illustration. Ok lesson learned! I do however now have 3 4 oz bottles that I have no clue what to do with. I guess I could thin it down and shoot it thru a full sized spray gun for like a base coat for practice pieces.

I have a PM in to MrMicron for some advice and I’m sure he will set me straight! I was using my eclipse with .35 Might of been better with the .5 I have .

Can I use this for practice drills for dots and daggers maybe? Amazing what we can learn from our mistakes.

Edit: wicked transparent? For portrait type stuff? I do have some com art as well. Man this was disappointing
Joe

Last edited:
:) I’ve responded to you pm, bit of a long read I’m sorry lol,

Regular Createx is design for textiles, used with a .5 needle at 50+ psi.

If you have Com-art then have a go with tat after you’ve cleaned your airbrush really well.

The best thing I did was to step away from Createx and use ETAC EFX , very similar to com-art in its ease of reduction. Createx gave me ‘issues’
After playing with E’tac for 6 months I was then more confident with the Createx range.

:) I’ve responded to you pm, bit of a long read I’m sorry lol,

Regular Createx is design for textiles, used with a .5 needle at 50+ psi.

If you have Com-art then have a go with tat after you’ve cleaned your airbrush really wel
The best thing I did was to step away from Createx and use ETAC EFX , very similar to com-art in its ease of reduction. Createx gave me ‘issues’
After playing with E’tac for 6 months I was then more confident with the Createx range.
I swear, you and MrMicron are my hero’s! The pm was awesome and I will read it several times. Is this Etac a UK thing? Can I find it in the states? Time to google my booty off. Lol.
Thanks a million JackEB

E’tac is available in the states but if you have com-art then use that (it’s easier to get too) in the .35 setup. You’ll notice a difference and you’ll be able concentrate on technique and not worry about reduction sweet spots

PS: I’m in Australia not the UK :)

Just went out and tried some com art real quick...WOW, what a difference! Tip dry..what’s that, didn’t happen once with the com art. I found a new best friend. :)

E’tac is available in the states but if you have com-art then use that (it’s easier to get too) in the .35 setup. You’ll notice a difference and you’ll be able concentrate on technique and not worry about reduction sweet spots

PS: I’m in Australia not the UK :)
Not sure why I even said UK. All I can think of is Bugga! Lol.

Transparent shoots better than the detailed...wicked detailed is a moody teenage beotch to spray lol
I honestly found all the Createx to be a ‘bugga’ to spray when I first started. Using E’tac/Com-art removed one learning curve so I could practise my technique. I got back to Createx and love it but not a line of paint I would recommend to newbies given my experience lol

wait all I know is createx.... and through a .2 mm at that. Am I just odd? how is my learning curve going to be when I switch to urethane? (jus curious I guess)

I won’t ever be using urethane but by all reports it’s the Nirvana of paint,

I found Createx a pain when learning, to many variables for reduction/psi/ weather for my brain to cope with while trying to learn the brush and it’s idioms, weather and humidity changes etc etc etc.... oh the pain

I won’t ever be using urethane but by all reports it’s the Nirvana of paint,

I found Createx a pain when learning, to many variables for reduction/psi/ weather for my brain to cope with while trying to learn the brush and it’s idioms, weather and humidity changes etc etc etc.... oh the pain

I just responded in another thread about how I started with cheap acrylic paint thinned with windex, switching to wicked was a dream for me. But like I said all I know is createx so I dunno what else is out there.

I want urethane because I strive towards an automotive finish is all. Sorry I dont mean to hijack the thread as I realize this is a little off topic =/

Off topic away gals..I’m learning with every word I read. Btw, Samantha. I had a hp-b I my hands yesterday..I held off but pretty sure I’ll be back tomorrow and get it. Not sure why I even need it but my .35 eclipse is so much better to paint with than my .5 eclipse. It may end up in the classifieds for real cheap for someone who wants a eclipse. That B felt sooooooo nice

I just responded in another thread about how I started with cheap acrylic paint thinned with windex, switching to wicked was a dream for me. But like I said all I know is createx so I dunno what else is out there.

I want urethane because I strive towards an automotive finish is all. Sorry I dont mean to hijack the thread as I realize this is a little off topic =/
@MeeshellMP does automotive and I don’t recall hearing her use urethane apart from clear coats. - Meesh, care to elaborate ?

Off topic away gals..I’m learning with every word I read. Btw, Samantha. I had a hp-b I my hands yesterday..I held off but pretty sure I’ll be back tomorrow and get it. Not sure why I even need it but my .35 eclipse is so much better to paint with than my .5 eclipse. It may end up in the classifieds for real cheap for someone who wants a eclipse. That B felt sooooooo nice

I loooove my hp-b+ in fact I just broke it :'( I tried to do super fine detail with my eclipse and just wasn't the same.

You could always buy a pack of T-shirts and use up that Createx. I actually want to try it myself. But I have too much paint already!
I’ll use it as a primer...lol. I also have some wicked and it sprays ok too. That’s what I get for being a tight A$$

Thats what I was using to start out with, although I don't think it gets transparent very well. I've really been enjoying the ink sets I bought, and I've dabbled in some Golden High Flow. Jury is still out on the Golden, but buy it anyway, my nephew works there! :)

Thats what I was using to start out with, although I don't think it gets transparent very well. I've really been enjoying the ink sets I bought, and I've dabbled in some Golden High Flow. Jury is still out on the Golden, but buy it anyway, my nephew works there! :)
I’ll trade ya a 4 oz bottle of createx transparent black for a bottle of golden...lol

Back