Beat a dead horse today...Createx paint

I just responded in another thread about how I started with cheap acrylic paint thinned with windex, switching to wicked was a dream for me. But like I said all I know is createx so I dunno what else is out there.

I want urethane because I strive towards an automotive finish is all. Sorry I dont mean to hijack the thread as I realize this is a little off topic =/
Most automotive are now using WIcked. and only clearing coating with urethane.

Most automotive are now using WIcked. and only clearing coating with urethane.

Wow really!? So you think I should just stick with createx for the illustrations? I am actually going to start a thread on this subject this has been derailed too much :) thanks mista

Sammy, As long as you prep the surface correctly the wicked will work just fine, the only thing you must do is have a 2k/urethane clearcoat to protect the paint.

Joe, cant you just take the paint back to where you brought it and swap it for something else?

Lee

Sammy, As long as you prep the surface correctly the wicked will work just fine, the only thing you must do is have a 2k/urethane clearcoat to protect the paint.

Joe, cant you just take the paint back to where you brought it and swap it for something else?

Lee
I ordered it from Jerry’s this weekend, had a good deal on Bristol smooth so I ordered a bunch. Got the paint for practice. No biggie, I’ll find a use for it.

I thought Cory Saint Clair and Ryan Townsend used house of kolor.
Both Cory and and Ryan use Createx paints. Also HOK. Mostly Createx.
I use Createx products (all of them) on automotive projects. I also recently started using Tamco intensity. Also, all of my art work (except canvas) gets cleared with Tamco. I seen you on Tamco asking a few questions. Think I commented on one

I honestly found all the Createx to be a ‘bugga’ to spray when I first started. Using E’tac/Com-art removed one learning curve so I could practise my technique. I got back to Createx and love it but not a line of paint I would recommend to newbies given my experience lol
Createx indeed takes a few tries to get the mix right lol...I used to measure...not anymore..I don't even count drops anymore, unless I'm using the illustrations. In that case it's only 2-3 drops

Both Cory and and Ryan use Createx paints. Also HOK. Mostly Createx.
I use Createx products (all of them) on automotive projects. I also recently started using Tamco intensity. Also, all of my art work (except canvas) gets cleared with Tamco. I seen you on Tamco asking a few questions. Think I commented on one

Excellent! I think I am referring to their old videos then. Ryan hasn't uploaded anything for a few years and Cory I can't find much.. I dream of Tamco Hi-Impact clear so this is great information ty!

EDIT: Yes I was on Tamco's page because I wanted to know what kind of safety items I needed to purchase and was well impressed by the community over there. Also linking me to that fan and those filters was a big help, gave me a chance to look at the specifications and see what I was after :)

Excellent! I think I am referring to their old videos then. Ryan hasn't uploaded anything for a few years and Cory I can't find much.. I dream of Tamco Hi-Impact clear so this is great information ty!

EDIT: Yes I was on Tamco's page because I wanted to know what kind of safety items I needed to purchase and was well impressed by the community over there. Also linking me to that fan and those filters was a big help, gave me a chance to look at the specifications and see what I was after :)
Cory is busy with his family, your not gonna see him in front of the camera much. Ryan, he's busy too. Ryno is currently in Michigan doing work for Golds Gym....
Yeah, the "queen" knows them all lolol
I've earned my status in the airbrush/automotive world....I just stay humble ;)

Back