beaver b200 ?

• Thread starter creativemindsbyapril
  • Start date
C

creativemindsbyapril

anyone know of this airbrush, is it starter worthy brush, i got a box set minus the hose. is it a badger make, and what is this brush good for....i was told its for nails

and do i have to get certain hoses for this brush?
clueless with airbrush details pls help

interested in buying a kit to start me off, not alot of funds to play with, would a master kit be ok

Most will give opinions and personal favorite, we all have ours but the best response I could give is this.... I know what it is like to not have the money to buy most higher end equipment but this is an area that buying cheap brushes and equipment in general only increases the learning curve and adds headaches that will cause many to give up. IMHO if you can try to stay away from Master and other cheap no name brushes, in most cases the money you pay for cheap stuff by the time you replace it or step up you could have purchased quality from the beginning. Quality doesn't have to be the most expensive, there are several great brushes ranging from $90 US - $150 US. Iwata Eclipse, Iwata Revolution, Harder & steenbeck Infinity, Badger Velocity, Badger Krome are all in or close to that dollar range. Research and shopping around will afford you the best choices.... oh and I use 2 Badger Velocity's. lol buy the best you can afford for the work you want to do.

PS. As you can see by my info below that I own a Master G23 therefor my feeling toward them, but yet a few have good luck with them..go figure.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
As shadow says, poor quality equipment will seriously increase your frustration levels, and hamper your learning, as you will never be sure whether it is your technique of the airbrush that is at fault. They are usually a false economy, as they are made of low quality materiels, that will either wear quickly, or damage easily, and if not machined well, will never work properly. You will then either get frustrated enough to give up learning, or have to pay out to replace the airbrush. Buy the best brush you can afford, that will suit your needs (i.e gravity or siphon feed, suitable nozzle size etc depending on the kind of art you want to produce), from a recognised brand, that means you will get good customer service if needed, and will be able to get spares for easily.

BTW, resisting temptation to make cheap beaver jokes, how pure of thought am I?

It sounds like you already have the B-200. If you have, you may as well get a hose and use it. It looks like it takes a standard 1/8" hose. If you haven't, buy something else. If it's this one, it has a .2mm nozzle, which is very fine and requires some really thin paint. The needle and nozzle will be very fragile, so be careful. Practice with some ink of food colors on paper towels. Before you buy another airbrush, do some research, read some reviews and watch some videos.

Don

Back