Beginner Excercises

From the stories I've heard about chemo your a hell of a man to be doing ab exercises, here I am whining about the flu, you are an inspiration!!!

Kudos to you Greg for doing it with chemo going on! It gives you something to look forward to (painting, not the chemo ! )

I take a very low dose, unlike what cancer patients take but it still kicks my butt for at least two days. The day I take it and the day after. I try not to plan much for Mondays. Breathing mostly!:sleep: yeah.

Yeah @Greg Geilman I take my hat off to you!
At the end of the day, unless you are trying to make ABing a money earner, playing with the brush should be fun and an adventure (and if you are trying to earn money and it's fun, all the better)
I paint for me! If others like it that's a bonus ;)
So Greg, just enjoy the moment :)

Thanks boneman! With sheets like that I need lots of praying!:laugh: Since I can't work it would be nice if I could make a little money with it, but it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon, if ever.
I am still trying to work on a set up here. I just have a small easel on a drafting table and it is hard to keep distances with my off hand or keep it steady.

Thanks boneman! With sheets like that I need lots of praying!:laugh: Since I can't work it would be nice if I could make a little money with it, but it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon, if ever.
I am still trying to work on a set up here. I just have a small easel on a drafting table and it is hard to keep distances with my off hand or keep it steady.
I will keep you in my prayers also, I know how art and airbrushing soothe the soul, if I didn't have my art I would lose it!!

Keep up the hard work, it will pay off soon enough. How do you think you trigger tension feels? It seems that you may be having issues getting too much paint, too fast. Have you tried loosening the tension to give a softer action?

Sometimes I either get a lot of paint or no paint when I try and get it light. How do I loosen the tension? I am going to order some softer springs after I get my tax refund.

It is the part that screws into the airbrush and lets the needle chucking guide pass through. If it is fully tightened, you will have a stiffer pull on the trigger and vice-versa if it is a little looser. Fully tighten it (finger tight) then back off a half to full turn to see how it feels. I can notice a different on my brush when it is fully tightened or backed off a half turn. I too would like to get a soft spring someday.

This is the spring guide. tighten to increase tension, loosen to decrease tension.

Attachments

• airbrush-explode-600.gif
    airbrush-explode-600.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 17
I want to try and paint a Fokker Tripe. I managed to draw it freehand as a kid so I was thinking it might be something I could do. Question is where to start?

Attachments

• fokker_dri.jpg
    fokker_dri.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 20
My mum has regular low dose chemo infusions for her rheumatoid arthritis, so I know it can leave you low for few days. Don't be hard on yourself, those sheets have a lot of positives to them despite you feeling shakey. No spiders, skipping lines, or spitting so you are doing well with reduction and air. The larger dots are not looking bad either, and fairly evenly spaced out, so going where you want them. You have something to build on for sure. Just keep practising and getting that muscle memory, with the tension adjusted to something more confortable , you'll be golden.

Ah, didn't realize that was adjustable so last time I took it apart and cleaned it I tightened it all the way up! thanks, that is better! Basically the same treatment squishy, methotrexate. They are all autoimmune diseases, just mine is not RA, more similar to Lupus.

Ah, didn't realize that was adjustable so last time I took it apart and cleaned it I tightened it all the way up! thanks, that is better! .
I did the same, then when I found out it could be backed off I took it too far and couldn't get the back cover on properly, so yeah, finger tight then half turn back seems to be the spot [emoji4]

Hey brother...keep up the good work... I had cancer two years ago... I know the struggles of chemo... Amazing that your able to function so well!! I am proud of you man...and fornicate CANCER!

Here is my doodle to get the project started. Also after about five pages I finally was able to do some dagger strokes!!! My excerplane1.jpg cises went a bit better tonight also, baby steps.

Back