Beginner from Louisville, KY

C

Ciotti

Hey All!

I’m a professional artist based in Louisville, Kentucky! My main medium is oil painting, however, I have two seasons of airbrush tattooing under my belt. So, I know the basics about how to operate and clean an airbrush.

It’s been a few years since I have used an airbrush and I wanted to give it another go this time painting sports/recreation helmets.

I recently purchased an Iwata HP-CH.

I have not purchased paints yet, so I would love some input on good (not best) all-purpose paint and clear for painting birdhouses all the way to football helmets!! (I was thinking Createx: Wicked)

Glad to have found these forums, can’t wait for the input!

Priest painting oil.jpg010.jpg

Ciotti

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome home Ciotti, Nice to add you to the family.
Your just a couple hours away from me if I run I-69 now that way ...

Post up some of you hairy brush work . Love seeing all types of art.

Welcome to the forum from NH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome home Ciotti, Nice to add you to the family.
Your just a couple hours away from me if I run I-69 now that way ...

Post up some of you hairy brush work . Love seeing all types of art.

Thanks for the quick welcome! Looks like I have to make 5 posts before I add a picture.. So here's post #2 haha

Hello and welcome from PA, from what I have seen here the larger majority of artists use E-tac, wicked, and com-art, but as with anything, each have their own preferences and reasons why. I have only been airbrushing about 6 months so I don't have a wide range of experience to offer but I do now use Wicked and I do like it but it takes some testing to balance pressures and reduction.

Wow love the corks , Really great depth in that .,

Mainly airbrushing with layer is a lot like hairy brush painting.. Just blending colors is a bit different..

Welcome from Florida. You bought a great brush. I have ETAC EFX, Createx Illustration, and Com-Art, all three are great, I personally like ETAC the best. Nice pieces you posted, can't wait to see some more. :)

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place homes as i do!!!:triumphant:

Back