Beginner help- what budget kit for leather

If it makes you feel better I have a HP-A (so it has no cup, just a hole in the body ) and there are times I still have excess paint left in there lol
But you ain't Siroxx painting the whole friking airplane :D

Deam, this is the airbrush with just a hole Jackie is talking about.
images

So we make this more understandable Deam. Airbrushing something uses really small amount of color, you are quite surprised when you first try airbrushing something. That's why we blabber about cups.

Last edited:
Deam. Airbrushing something uses really small amount of color, you are quite surprised when you first try airbrushing something. That's why we blabber about cups.

first time I picked up an airbrush, I filled a C cup... threw 3/4 of it out because it had reducer in it and couldn’t go back in the bottle.

I don't know! But I think now I would consider the other options a little more.

Edit: I shouldnt be buying any more anyway I have enough already. :) AAD No airbrush left behind

lee
Until you have one of everything then you never ‘have enough’ lol Just ask @DaveG !

I'm impressed with one of his airbrushes:
https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/1st-look-rotring-model-e-airbrush.22792/

but this looks tasty as well. No cup, even better :laugh:

If something gets to me, it's pencil shaped airbrush. :whistling:

I'll have to get some photo's - but, the front end of the rOtring comes off. There were three different versions available, an "A" cup with recess in the brush body, a side feed with removeable color cups, and the "E", which is a globe shaped gravity feed. There is a thumb screw on one side of the brush (just in front of the trigger lever) that releases the front end of the brush. Interesting brush. It does not produce the finest lines I have ever seen, but it does atomize incredibly fine. Some of the smoothest shading I have seen.

I have an HP-CS, and the SBS - but, the one I use the most, the one that fits me best, is the HP-BS. Most of my work is no larger than 16"X20", most around 12"X16", so I really have no need for something as large as a "C" cup. The vast majority of my brushes are "B" cups, with a good amount of "A"'s mixed in...

I really enjoy my Eclipse HP-BS -

eclipse hp bs1.jpg

Back