Beginner

B

Berto32174

I just started airbrushing for about two week now and did my first eye. My question is do airbrushes make a big difference on the outcome of the painting? Because I just got my first starter kit from amazon. It came with a compressor and a Master G 22 airbrush gun.

Berto, sup buddy! The airbrush makes a huge difference, but only once YOU master the techniques. You should really practice a lot, you can use that master brush for just getting use to it all. But I would encourage you when you get a feel for it and decide to really take it serious, you should buy a better quality, only then will you notice how much difference there is between cheap and quality. I love Iwata, but I will be buying a badger Khrome soon. The badger series are great brushes and with a great price tag!!

Josh

Hey Josh thanks for the advise. Yeah I've been hearing a lot about Iwata and especially on youtube and stuff. But your right I just need to practice a lot. THANKS for your help.

Hey berto, if you wanna upgrade after awhile then i can suggest a Neo for Iwata or a Revolution airbrush from Iwata if you dont want to spent alot of money.
But if you can afford to spend a little bit more you should get yourself a Iwata Eclipse airbrush, those are really great airbrushes also for a beginners.

Hey Josh thanks for the advise. Yeah I've been hearing a lot about Iwata and especially on youtube and stuff. But your right I just need to practice a lot. THANKS for your help.

Iwata is #1 for good reason, but badger is not far behind. The artist means more than the brush. We have a member named (Snoopyvalley) who made some of the most fantastic portraits I have seen, and he used the cheapest equipment ever. It was a crap brush an a compressor that's shape like an elephant, lol! Seriously check his stuff out in the gallery.
Practicing the basics are what most newbies don't spend enough time on, I was one of them because I didn't really know or have those cool sheet the tutor has made up. They are literally your ABC's and need to be mastered before a great artwork can be made. If you ever have a question don't hesitate to ask :)

Josh

Hey cool thanks. I will check out some of Snoopvalley stuff. Your right the basics are what I don't really do alot and I know I should. I guess I just want to be at your level really fast.:)

Hey berto, if you wanna upgrade after awhile then i can suggest a Neo for Iwata or a Revolution airbrush from Iwata if you dont want to spent alot of money.
But if you can afford to spend a little bit more you should get yourself a Iwata Eclipse airbrush, those are really great airbrushes also for a beginners.

Hey thanks I'm really liking your Biomech Snail pic. Thats what I want to do alot of black and white pics.

hey berto, welcome buddy, you have all ready has great info so i shan't say any more but yer welcome to the forum mate.

Back