bentoad

B

bentoad

DSCN2471.jpgI have no art expierience and at 65 years old and ready to learn, I have been watching your toutorials and they are great. I started out with a HARBOR FREIGHT syphon cheapy and struggled with it and as they say you get what you pay for so I bought a NEO by IWATA gravity feed WOW! what a difference. I design and make RC planes and want to decorate them. This is my first attempt with my new brush on my100 MPH stryker after watching tutorials. looks like a beginner but I will keep trying Thanks for all the great tutorials.DSCN2470.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hi bentoad, welcome to the forum, there are a few model makers on here that im sure will be willing to share there experience with you, you obviously have a creative nature have you thought of doing any paintings

View attachment 4245I have no art expierience and at 65 years old and ready to learn, I have been watching your toutorials and they are great. I started out with a HARBOR FREIGHT syphon cheapy and struggled with it and as they say you get what you pay for so I bought a NEO by IWATA gravity feed WOW! what a difference. I design and make RC planes and want to decorate them. This is my first attempt with my new brush on my100 MPH stryker after watching tutorials. looks like a beginner but I will keep trying Thanks for all the great tutorials.View attachment 4237

Hi Bentoad, welcome to the forum, I also build and and fly planes and also helicopters, and this why I started airbrushing too, I even have the Neo, excellent tool.

The plane looks cool, and good work for a first attempt, I'm more into 3D flying and stunt flying, knife edge and that sort of thing, so this little devil is maybe just a bit too fast for me, I make mostly my own shockflyers for aero-musical indoors, but I just completed a Laser 3D balsa and foil self-build, haven't flown it yet, maybe next weekend, but it was fun to build.

airbeush foamies

I have the plans for the best 3D foamie on the planet. check out you tube bentoad. I have some neat stuff look for the clik. in door and out. Notice I changed the eye ball tutorial to a bullet with flames on the stryker wing. I need a lot of practice but I have to start somewhere. bentoad

I took three water color classes and had them framed . someone came to my house responding to an unrelated ad and saw this water color painting of the sebastion inlet bait house and bought it for 300 dollars. I am still in shock. I am a retired mechanic and have never explored anything artistic. I am having so much fun I need to hire you to help me. Did you notice i changed the " FLAMING EYEBALL" to a " FLAMING BULLET " bentoadDSCN0355.jpg

I have the plans for the best 3D foamie on the planet. check out you tube bentoad. I have some neat stuff look for the clik. in door and out. Notice I changed the eye ball tutorial to a bullet with flames on the stryker wing. I need a lot of practice but I have to start somewhere. bentoad

I have the clik plans too, but I found just a bit too square, so last year I designed my own, I called it the razor, I have no actual plan for it yet but I have a template so I can cut out as many as I want, I flew it for the first time at the end of last year and it flew excellent from the start.

Here it is

View attachment 4256

Tell me what you think

Looks cool awesome paint. 30inch wing? and what is AUW? is that an e-max motor? I rewimd them and get 50 to 100% more power depending on how wind it. Check out you tube (bentoad) I have an e-max 2208 rewound and did a destruct test and I really tried to break motor and plane. see for your self. I blew up the pic and it looks like a turnagy. they have good bearings. I love a good plane! I built these in one night and flew them in the AMDSCN1165.JPG

Looks cool awesome paint. 30inch wing? and what is AUW? is that an e-max motor? I rewimd them and get 50 to 100% more power depending on how wind it. Check out you tube (bentoad) I have an e-max 2208 rewound and did a destruct test and I really tried to break motor and plane. see for your self. I blew up the pic and it looks like a turnagy. they have good bearings. I love a good plane! I built these in one night and flew them in the AMView attachment 4269

Hi Bentoad

Mine weighs 141g including the battery, the motor is a turnigy, and the wing is indeed 30" I intend to go into competition next year, after learning all the manoeuvres, so modification to the electronics is not allowed except for reducing weight, I'm building another which will be routed and all cables will be stripped of insulation, the goal is to get it under 120g, for competition they must be under 200g, but the lighter they are the slower and more graceful they fly, and the flight time is also increased, at the moment I get 6 minutes with a 6s 360mAh lipo.

I never fly these out doors unless there is absolutely no wind and fly all through the winter in a gymnasium, 12 of hire that for less than €10/head that gives us 3 hours.

Yours look cool, but the one at the front looks it might be a bit over the 200g, is it 6mm depron? I build my own from 3mm depron, but I'm also working on 6mm depron ultimate bi-plane for out doors.

I checked out your you tube last night very cool indeed, but your camera man should maybe keep his day job a while longer, lol

madbrush,those are 30, and 32 ,3mil with e-flite 340 with 500 3 cell the 36 is 5 mil with a microdan
I fly out doors except summer on thursdays when school is out .We fly in the park gym. they pull up the baskets. This is a 5 oz. 30 in. 3 mil depron clik. with a bunch of guys trying to evade each other in the gym BRUCE'S CLIK 30 FLYING INDOORS - YouTube. the weather here in central florida is good 95% of the time in the AM to fly anything. I have a 2 meter sig that is 35 years old and I fly it across the street on the beach and 2 hour flight times is normal. I have a couple of videos on my site with a wing camera I am working on a fully auto set up with a forward looking pan and tilt camera. my friend has a fpv and this video is flying with video goggles and a pan and tilt camera over the intercostal waterway This is way cool to fly along side the cars going over the bridge.
FPV Playing Over The Indian River - YouTube

I tried my hand at lightning. This is not a failed attempt but another way that didn"t work so I repainted it. It is lightning fasDSCN2480.jpgDSCN2490.jpg

Welcome to the forum bentoad, Im new here as well. Have already met many great artists! I like the blue with lightning!

THey are the same plane . I tried something different and it didn't look right so I painted over it with silver and used the blue with purple opaque highlight. I have had my brush for less than a week and it showsDSCN2081.jpg

must be cool flying these things, I've never flown a plane before but looks fun

I am lucky to have a wife of 39 years of putting up with all my habits. since I retired I am busier than when I was working full time. I made a baseball bat fly. I love it that when I get a crazy idea I can persue itDSCN0931.jpg

Back